Working independently under general supervision, this position provides administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The incumbent is responsible for all administrative functions including assignments of a complex and confidential nature such as budgets and administrative processes and procedures.
- Answer and screen incoming calls for the CFO: ability to correctly comprehend the nature of the calls and direct to appropriate section within the department and organization. Manage and process incoming correspondence.
- Coordinate calendars and arrange meetings, appointments, conference calls, and set up Webex sessions and coordinate all provisions needed for the CFO: rooms, equipment, materials, food etc.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the CFO.
- Oversee and maintain control over significant vendor contracts.
- Assist in development the Finance annual budget for the CFO. Monitor the budget and pay invoices as necessary
- Assist in gathering data for managerial decisions.
- Develop and document administrative policies, processes, and procedures for Finance.
- Design, prepare and compile complex documents and materials for packets and presentations for meetings. Enter and manipulate text and data from various sources to format, produce and revise complicated documents. Coordinate and control the distribution of such reports and documentation.
- Maintain office records and files. Coordinate equipment and other resources.
- Perform additional specialized tasks and assignments required by the CFO.
- Serve as back-up support to other administrative support staff in the building
Excellent PC skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access software packages.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
High degree of accuracy and strong organizational skills, coordination and accuracy
Appropriate training and/or education beyond high school, plus at least 4 years progressive experience in administrative support to an executive.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation for the State University of New York are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. The Research Foundation for the State University of New York operates under a contract with The State University of New York and receives no directly appropriated state funding.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
State University of New York at Albany Research Foundation - 17 months ago