Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
In this position you will provide administrative support to Program Director, assist Associate Program Director, and assists with residents' requests; i.e., verification letters, credentialing forms, vacation requests, leave requests, etc. Assists Program Director with any system input for reporting purposes to ABIM and ABP, GME, ACGME, AAMC, AIMS, NRMP, MRMPA and GMEIS.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Keeps all personnel files updated with completed contracts, any correspondence relative to program performance, advisory reports, all presentations by resident, conference attendance, and procedures performed, assisted or observed.
- Coordinates all arrangements for selected applicants during interview process, including scheduling, hotel arrangements, instructions, interview packets and badges, ordering breakfast and submitting appropriate documents and reconciliations of catering expenses, including planning and scheduling pre-interview dinner, assessing restaurants and their cost. Copies and distributes interview schedules to faculty members for interview purposes.
- Coordinates all required training courses for residents; i.e., requesting approval, scheduling class, monitoring results for any type of required training including all required training for new residents during Orientation.
- Prepares Orientation packet - which include all updates on new residents, lab coat orders, training required, mandatory modules from MHH, LBJ, SLEH and MDACC completion throughout residency. Clinic and Rotation Scheduling, Evaluations, FMLA, Approval of Sick Leave and Vacation, GMEIS entries (includes updates, demographics, contracts, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned throughout the year, dependant upon the Residency Programs scheduling (i.e. site visit preparation, preparation of agenda and meeting minutes for Quarterly Med/Peds Educational Meeting, Annual Residency Fair, as well as any other specific issues that arise during residency training.
Bachelor's degree in related field with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in administration or business/program management or relevant experience in lieu of education.
Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Secretarial Experience/Computer Experience necessary. Organizational skills and attention to detail.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 13 months ago