Is this You?
Senior Commercial Energy Analyst
Location: Houston, Texas
The Senior Analyst will be responsible for pricing, costing, margin management and reporting activities for Hudson Energy’s business-to-business energy marketing operations. The Senior Analyst will play an important role in the Commercial Structuring team, which ensures accurate risk assessment and competitive pricing of customer prospects, through independent work and the administration of customized software. By monitoring industry trends and using creative problem solving, while operating within corporate risk policies, the Senior Analyst helps to define and manifest Hudson Energy’s pricing strategy in the marketplace.
The Senior Analyst will be empowered to make commercial decisions on a day-to-day basis, interacting closely with the Sales and Supply Directors as well as others from within the wider business group. The Senior Analyst will also be expected to support and develop less experienced analysts within the team. This role also offers the opportunity for someone to play a key role in shaping the company’s product development, costing and pricing activities, and offers the chance to mentor and lead others in the team. It is a great chance to develop wider skills and experience within the energy market whilst building a strong network of contacts across the energy industry.
YouTube: Learn more about what people have to say about working with Just Energy: http:// bit.ly/TEvLKI .
Is Just Energy Group the place for you?
Just Energy Group is a leader in the energy sector offering green energy, retail and commercial energy, and home services solutions. Our brands include Amigo Energy, Commerce Energy, Hudson Energy, Hudson Energy Solar, Just Energy, Momentis, National Home Services, Tara Energy, and Terra Grain Fuels. We are expanding in US, Canada, and the UK. We value integrity, innovation, customer-centricity, responsibility, enrichment, and excellence.
Energy, Opportunity, and Growth are core to your way of being and are essential to succeed with us.
Learn about the Energy, Opportunity, and Growth of working at Just Energy: http:// bit.ly/TEyC6z
- You have the Energy to commit to going ‘above and beyond’ on everything you do, it is not the exception. You create success and deliver exceptional results. You expect that hard work is required to do great things.
- You seek Opportunity. You focus on solutions, not problems. You are naturally inquisitive and business focused. You thrive working with diverse teams, and you are deeply committed to our collective success.
- Your Growth is about what you and your team accomplish together, and is limited only by your energy and the opportunity you seek. You thrive on diversity in your work, on learning, and helping others learn as well. You effectively manage multiple tasks or projects on time, and you help your team to do the same.
Your key accountabilities:
The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of the elements that are included in the end to end process of pricing energy customers, knowledge of the costs and associated risks, a good understanding of the North American energy market in general and the ability to recommend and implement initiatives that will add value across the business. They will be highly numerate and demonstrate a history of successful value creation and commercial awareness in other roles. They will also be comfortable working across distance, manging stakeholders in multiple locations and time zones using a variety of communication channels.
Your background includes:
- 4-year college degree in a numerical, business or economics discipline
- At least 3 years experience in the North American energy market
- Diverse and thorough knowledge of economic and pricing concepts
- Excellent analytical skills (SQL and VBA a plus)
- Strong business acumen and data-driven decision making capabilities
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Disciplined and organized approach to work
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced team environment
Follow us on:
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter YouTube
Just Energy seeks a more just outcome for its customers, when it comes to energy prices. The natural gas and electricity marketer...