Under general supervision, position is responsible for formulating and defining the technical activities of one or more functions within one of the Technical Operations area of Information Technology: Infrastructure / Server Administration; Data Security; Data Center Operations; Remote Technical Support; Desktop Support and Administration; Network Security / Administration; Data Storage and Recovery; IT Procurement; or any other area as defined by the Manager or Director of Technical Operations Information Technology. The senior analyst role is responsible for technical support and development of the functions and technology services within his/her area within the Information Technology department. Day-to-day support functions, including change control with a high emphasis on customer service is critical in this organization. The ability to solve complex tactical functions and participate in planning to achieve future technical and business objectives is expected. It is also critical that this position focus on ensuring that their area of responsibility follows and adhere to all departmental audit, Sarbanes-Oxley and other internal mandatory controls.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Counted on to mentor on technical aspects of their job functions along with tactical/daily functional area direction.
• May be considered as primary technical over a technology function/area.
• May be responsible for technical assistance in product and vendor selection through a documented due diligence process.
• May be responsible for technical assistance in preliminary vendor/contract negotiations.
• May be responsible for technical assistance with vendors of outsourced functions, managed services, maintenance agreements, service agreements, etc.
• Counted on to solve complex technical problems and issues and develop complex technical solutions.
• Self motivated and must be able to work independently to solve complex issues or problems with minimal or limited supervision / direction.
• Responsible for collaboration on projects with other analysts, IT leads, managers and directors
• Responsible for collaboration with Information Technology and business management and personnel to achieve project and functional area goals and objectives. This may take place on technology projects or other corporate initiatives (e.g. mergers, acquisitions, dispositions)
• The ability and willingness to play a technical leadership role on a project is crucial in our medium size shop.
• Develops and maintains strong communication and collaboration with others across the associated IT and business areas.
• Technical responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following functional areas: server and or desktop hardware and operating systems, information security, IT procurement, data center management, data storage, network management, disaster recovery, business resumption facility, retention and archiving, messaging, version management, change control.
• May assist in providing technical feedback working with internal and external auditors and resolving all technology findings through their resolution
• May be responsible for assisting with procurement and invoice processing/tracking.
• May be responsible for portions of project and operational expense budgets.
• Development and support of departmental metrics, as indicated
• Technical understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley controls and the methods used to ensure compliance. The ability to eliminate risk and achieve real value through compliance is a necessary skill in this environment.
• Responsible for adherence to technology policies, procedures and controls, including but not limited to Camden’s IT Computer Policy and internal IT policies and procedures
• Should display solid use of all forms of communication (written, verbal by phone, verbal in person) to ensure area stays fully linked internally, with other departments / areas and with major vendors. Some travel is required to stay linked to regional offices and primary vendors.
• Strong sense of customer service, values and ethics
• Responsible for continuously keeping current in current and latest technology and the multi-family housing industry as needed
Assignment can and will change as company and department requirements dictate.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in technology or business related field. Business equivalent experience and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
Minimum 3 - 5 years IT experience required with at least 3 of those years experience within functional area of expertise.
Camden Property Trust
- 2 years ago - save job