Gerber Scientific, Inc. serves the apparel and industrial markets through its Gerber Technology segment, the sign making and specialty graphics business through its Gerber Scientific Products business and the packaging industry through Gerber Innovations.
Senior Analyst, Service
As Senior Analyst you will support the Gerber Service organization through a major period of transformation leveraging your Service Operations background and business acumen to customize reporting and to meet operational and financial business objectives. Improve the visibility and accuracy of information, and rely on your extensive business experience to understand the core processes and look for areas of improvement, as well as to avoid risks. Develop strong partnerships with Service Management Team as well as across the functional areas of service contracts, engineering, supply chain and finance, and bridge the IT service organization to increase customer serviceability and meet the needs of the organization through the period of transition and on-going.
- Key advisor to/ collaborator with Executive Director of Gerber Service and other members of the Service Management Team.
- Serves as the “SAP expert” unlocking SAP functionality to improve overall performance and drive system automation.
- Identifies efficient and creative ways to streamline processes, reduce cost, and define and develop business metrics.
- Provide expertise and counsel to end users (internal customers) in defining business requirements and converting them into technical design specifications
- Analyze current service business processes and initiate discussions with end users to define requirements and recommend SAP best practices to further automate and simplify routine tasks.
- Proposes, designs and Implements SAP process solutions to improve inventory management and supply chain responsiveness via “pull” methodologies.
- Lead projects to implement new or enhanced system functionality, facilitate design sessions and lead business modeling efforts, and provide end user training.
- Perform system enhancements including configuration changes, to ensure proper and correct system functionality, and troubleshoot system issues
- Perform testing and resolve issues by researching SAP OSS notes and/or configuration changes
- Support the end users by developing and submitting report specifications to the IT Development staff – knowledge and experience with end-user reporting tools a strong plus
- Adhere to SDLC methodology and maintain change management documentation, as per Gerber’s IT SOX policies and procedures
sologig - 14 months ago