The Human Resources Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Analyst in the Employment Division. The Employment Division helps managers make timely hires and retain the best employees. In a fast-changing world, team members keep up-to-date on best practices in human resources and what's important to the departments they serve. Customers rely on the Employment Division as trusted partners who find solutions that help them achieve their goals.
The Employment Division consists of four Senior Analysts and nine Analysts who act as Business Partners to client departments ensuring that the Employment needs (recruitment, selection and classification) are met. The Senior Analysts report to the Division Manager and are each responsible for direct supervision and coordination of workload for two Analysts.
This is an exciting opportunity for individuals with a passion for recruitment and selection to develop innovative, creative solutions for timely and effective recruitment processes. The position requires an individual with very strong organizational skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with all City Departments and with other key stakeholders within the City of San Jose organizational structure and to represent the City to applicants, both internal and external. Attention to detail and a strong customer service perspective are critical. The position requires a creative thinker who is willing to develop and implement strategies to meet department needs.
Any combination of training and experience equivalent to:
1. Education: Completion of a Baccalaureate Degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited
college or university in business or public administration or a closely related field.
2. Experience: Four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience in general
management/administrative analytic work in the areas of personnel, budget, fiscal and/or
organizational methods analyses including general staff analytical work.
3. Acceptable Substitution/s: One (1) year of additional education above the Baccalaureate
Degree level may be substituted for one year of the required management/administrative
4. Licenses/Certificates: Possession of a valid California driver's license.
5. Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their
eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San Jose will not prepare
or file a labor condition application with the Department of Labor.
- Job Expertise - demonstrates knowledge of and experience with applicable professional/technical principles and practices, Citywide and departmental procedures/policies and federal and state rules and regulations.
- Analytical Thinking - approaches a situation or problem by defining the problem or issue; identifies a set of features, parameters, or considerations to take into account, collects and analyzes data, uses logic and intuition to arrive at conclusions and recommendations.
- Communication Skills - communicates and listens effectively and responds in a timely, effective, positive and respectful manner; written reports and correspondence are accurate, complete, current; well-organized, legible, concise, neat, and in proper grammatical form.
- Computer Skills - experience with common business computer applications including but not limited to: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, and MS Excel. Experience with PeopleSoft or similar HRIS systems is highly desirable.
- Customer Service - demonstrates the ability to anticipate customers' needs and deliver services effectively and efficiently in a timely, accurate, respectful and friendly manner
-Leadership - leads by example; demonstrates high ethical standards; remains visible and approachable and interacts with others on a regular basis; promotes a cooperative work environment, encourages and rewards risk-taking, allowing others to learn from mistakes.
-Maintaining Personal Credibility/Meeting Ethical Standards - When confronted with ethical dilemmas, acts in a way that reflects relevant law, policy and procedures, agency values, and personal values
-Multi-Tasking - can handle multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously; has handled a wide variety of assignments in past and/or current position(s).
- Team Work & Interpersonal Skills - demonstrates a positive attitude and flexibility along with the ability to develop effective relationships with co-workers and supervisors by helping others accomplish tasks and using collaboration and conflict resolution skills.
The selection process will consist of an evaluation of the applicant's training and experience based on the application, resume and answers to the job-specific questions. You must answer all job-specific questions and complete the Education/Work History section of the application in order to be considered for this vacancy or your application will be deemed incomplete and withheld from further consideration. Only those candidates whose backgrounds best match the positions will be forwarded to the interview phase of the selection process. Additional phases of the selection process will include one or more oral interviews, one of which may include a writing assessment. This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in this, or other divisions or departments. If you are interested in employment in this classification, you should apply to ensure you are considered for additional opportunities that may utilize the applicants from this recruitment.
E-mail will be the default method of correspondence with applicants. To ensure that you receive timely notifications regarding your application status for this recruitment, please enter a primary e-mail address when submitting your application.
You will be prompted to answer the following questions in the online application process:
-Do you have a Bachelor's Degree or higher in a related field from an accredited college or university?
Do you have four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience in general management/administrative analytic work? If so, please describe your relevant work experience that would qualify you for this position. In your response, please include the name of the employer, your title, and the duties you performed.
-Do you have experience with human resources administration in the public or private sector? If so, please describe and include in your response any direct experience you have had with recruitment/selection processes, assessment tool/plans, job analyses, and personnel transactions.
-Do you have experience in working with PeopleSoft or other Human Resources Information Systems? If so, please describe.
-Do you have experience with classification or compensation analysis? If yes, please describe the nature of your experience, including specific examples.
- Do you have any experience working with confidential personnel matters? If so, please describe.
- Do you have experience in supervising or leading others? If you answered yes, please describe your experience supervising or leading others, including experience in training, scheduling and assigning work to others.
-Do you have experience with workflow planning and managing multiple projects? If so, please describe your experience in effectively planning workflow and managing multiple projects to deliver a final work product. Include your specific role and responsibilities and provide an example of an accomplishment or process improvement that you achieved.
You must answer all job specific questions in order to be considered for this vacancy or your application will be deemed incomplete and withheld from further consideration.
If you have questions about the recruitment, selection, or hiring process, please contact Sarah Nunes at (408) 975-1458 or email@example.com.
Employees in this classification are represented by City Association of Management Personnel (CAMP).
If your online application was successfully submitted, you will receive an automatic confirmation email to the email address you provided. If you do not receive the confirmation, please email CityJobs@sanjoseca.gov and we will research the status of your application.
City of San Jose - 21 months ago