• Military understanding of resource management, which includes financial accounting, Defense Travel Systems (DTS), manpower and Unit Manning Document (UMD) taskings, contract practices, medical readiness, Defense Medical Human Resources System (DEMRS), and medical logistics.
• The candidate will assist with administrative duties for the department, i.e., record meeting minutes; prepare meeting minutes in written format; prepare Department Chair briefings; answer the phone; scheduling of activities; send out tasks on behalf of Department Chair; assemble and coordinate press releases and other similar products; and other administrative duties as assigned by the Contract Officer Representative (COR).
• The candidate will interact with Orderly Room Section Commander, or Military or Civilian Personnel Flight authorities to ensure employees (civilian and military personnel) are assigned to their respective authorizations.
• The candidate will provide administrative support to the Residents in Aerospace Medicine (RAMS) during their rotations (policies, procedures, etc) to include in-processing/out processing, all travel arrangements to include orders/DTS/vouchers, OPRs, PRFs, and all other military and medical requirements while enrolled in the residency. The candidate shall be well versed in understanding and communicating in medical terminology.
• The candidate will perform administrative functions in support of Aerospace Medicine Dept. which includes preparing memoranda and technical reports. Assist the COR in the management of Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) for FE. Duties include coordination, updating, preparation and maintaining all files and correspondence.
• The COR shall oversee the contractor perform annual reviews, the contractor shall advise the COR on what is required and implement the requirement. In performing the review, the contractor shall use AFIs, DoD & DFAS regulations and other documents to ensure AF compliance.
• The candidate will assist in conducting administrative and financial management functions. Works closely with USAFSAM Administrator on Medical Annual Planning and Programming Tool (MAPPT) and POM processes.
• Understands the AFMS unfunded requirement, MAPPT, and Program Objective Memorandum (POM) process and have experience during the POM and amended program objective memorandum cycle.
• The candidate will maintain liaison with civilian, military, and other federal activities to keep current in areas of interest to health services administration, and support and provide guidance to professional medical staff and staff health services officials on training/continuing medical education matters pertaining to health services programs.
• The candidate will perform all other USAFSAM Aerospace Medicine Dept. administrative workload that includes receiving telephone calls, faxes and visitors for professional staff; maintaining the daily calendar and scheduling/arranging of appointments; receiving/screening incoming mail.
• The contractor is to maintain files on correspondence frequently needed for reference, e.g., TDY expenditure reports for the DEPT; assistance/advise in the preparation of travel requests (DD form 1610) utilizing the automated business service system (ABSS).
• Review outgoing correspondence for correctness of spelling, proper grammar and format will be required as well as review of OPR, EPR, and decorations for format, composition and established policy.
• Making arrangements for Department conferences and/or meetings, including scheduling the conference, notifying attendees date, place, time etc. are required as well as attendance at most conferences and meetings to record the salient point of discussion.
• The candidate will need to take notes or transcribe from machine recordings a variety of materials dictated, and type in finished form, from rough draft supplied by the author.
Some college preferred.
A minimum of 3-5 years experience inthis or similar position.
• Candidates MUST have U.S. citizenship or the ability to obtain citizenship, and be able to pass a government background investigation.
Bristol Bay Native Corporation - 20 months ago