Acadian Asset Management LLC is a Boston-headquartered investment management firm with wholly owned affiliates
located in Singapore and London. As of March 31st, 2013, the firm managed approximately US$57 billion on behalf of
major pension funds, endowments, foundations, governments and other investors based in the U.S. and abroad.
We are seeking a Senior Research Analyst to join our investment. This person will work closely with other research analysts
and portfolio managers. The purpose of this role is to improve and extend our quantitative investment process to add significant
value to client portfolios.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and characteristics:
- World-class analytic and quantitative skills as demonstrated by prior work and/or academic experience in areas related to asset management or financial services
- Deep knowledge of the academic work on asset pricing, return and/or volatility prediction
- Creativity, enthusiasm, collegiality and the ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
The job will consist of quantitative research conducted in various investment strategies. The Senior Research Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Generating new ideas to add value to Acadian's quantitative investment processes
- Articulating research results to the research team, portfolio managers and other senior managers through various mediums including verbal, graphical, and written form
- Writing code to translate these ideas into signals and investment strategies
- Back-testing potential signals, strategies and investment process refinements
- Performing sophisticated statistical and econometric analyses
- An advanced degree with outstanding academic record in a quantitative field such as finance, economics, computer science, or statistics is required (PhD would be a plus)
- Strong experience with programming languages, databases, and tools. Knowledge of Python (preferred), C/C++, R, Java or similar language is essential
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
Old Mutual (US) Holdings is the holding company for a group of about 20 asset management boutiques collectively known as Old Mutual Asset...