Sr. Analyst, Manager
Are you looking for a fast moving, creative environment where you can use your expertise to develop and market cutting-edge interactive and digital products?
YP is one of the largest local search, media and advertising companies in North America. The company creates local search and advertising products that encourage consumers to discover and engage with local businesses across online, print and mobile platforms. YP's suite of local offerings includes its flagship products YP.com, YP Local Ad Network, the popular YPmobile app and The YP Real Yellow Pages®, the largest print directory in the world by advertising revenue. YP.com, which attracts over 30 million monthly online unique visitors, is also accessed by millions of users each month via the mobile web.
The YP(SM) Local Ad Network helps advertisers grow their business and distributes ads to a distinguished list of top publishers. YP's wide range of local ad products such as premium listings, performance-based advertising, direct mail and search engine marketing provides advertisers an opportunity to increase their presence among consumers who are looking for a local business. YP's advertising products address the diverse needs of nearly a million local businesses and help drive tens of billions of dollars in local commerce annually.
YP products are backed by one of the industry's largest local advertising sales forces made up of several thousand media consultants and other resellers.
Join our dedicated and talented team of individuals all focused on creating the best products in the marketplace. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Sr.Analyst, Manager in our Glendale, CA offices.
The Senior Analyst, Manager role will be responsible for conducting detailed quantitative analysis such as performance tracking, conversion funnels, segmentation, ROI, customer lifetime value, etc. on corporate metrics, new product rollouts, marketing initiatives, and other requests supporting various business functions including sales, finance, marketing, and product management on a routine and ad-hoc basis. The role will involve pulling raw data from various systems using SQL, Business Objects, and other BI tools, identifying key metrics to monitor, and formulating insightful analysis in partnership with various stakeholders.
• Perform on-going and ad-hoc reporting and analysis of key performance metrics for numerous business units.
• Identify data anomalies and investigate issues related to reporting of company and project metrics.
• Work with data warehouse and business intelligence groups to implement data collection requirements to calculate new metrics.
• Communicate analysis, design reports, and create dashboards for various stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
• Support multiple departments and company initiatives by pulling raw data, developing relevant metrics, and providing insightful and timely analysis.
• And other duties as assigned
• Individual passionate about data and analytics that is a highly motivated self-starter, who takes initiative and executes with a sense of urgency and focus.
• Analytical ability with a data driven approach to solving problems. Requires quantitative skills and a good sense of how to dissect business models, understand key areas driving overall performance, and create analysis to track, monitor, and drive improvements.
• Extensive experience querying data from various systems using SQL and other BI tools.
• High proficiency in Excel.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
• Experience performing web analytics in the internet industry a plus.
• Experience programming in VBA or other similar language a plus.
• Must be able to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and work independently or as part of a small team.
• Required: excellent MS Excel skills
• Required: solid SQL knowledge (using joins and update commands)
• Required: strong data handling, problem solving, and quantitative analysis experience
• Preference: working knowledge of relational database concepts, structure, and organization
• Preference: financial services, quantitative marketing, engineering analysis or other similar background.
• Bachelors degree in a quantitative analytic field such as Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, or Business required.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits including a matching 401(k), bonuses, and a casual yet high-energy work environment. Send us your resume today.
YP LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Notice to Recruiting Agencies: search firms, headhunters or consulting firms. All unsolicited resumes sent to an YP LLC email address, to an employee of YP LLC, or to our resume database will be considered property of YP LLC, and we will not be obligated to pay any referral fee associated with such resume. Permission to send resumes may only be granted in writing by YP LLC. We are not accepting additional recruiting service providers at this time. Thank you for your interest in working with YP LLC.
YP - 10 months ago