Senior Analysts/ Senior Planners (Project Leaders)
Oakland, California / Oceanside, California
Job Announcement No.: 2013-0002
Position(s) open until filled
Marstel-Day, LLC, an environmental consulting and planning firm, seeks one or more qualified senior planners or senior analysts with significant project or program management experience and who possess a strong commitment to a conservation ethic, a strong desire to identify and support strategies for natural resource conservation, a commitment to use green best management practices in the performance of their work, and a determination to provide excellent support to meeting client requirements. Candidates should possess extensive experience in environmental planning, general planning, NEPA and related study requirements, conservation of natural resources planning and management, climate adaptation planning, or related activities and have experience managing complex land-use planning, natural resource conservation or strategic planning studies and analyses. The successful candidate/s would report either to the Company's Oakland or Oceanside, California offices.
Principal program areas in which the company seeks project leaders includes: encroachment control planning, land conservation and encroachment partnering strategies; communications, outreach and engagement plan and strategy development; and climate adaptation, ecosystem services and environmental sustainability strategies.
Preferred candidates would also possess a professional background with extensive experience in conducting outreach to, and working with multiple and diverse stakeholders in collaborative planning processes.
An ideal candidate should also be broadly familiar with and have extensive work experience with the Department of Defense or one or more of the various military services, particularly the Air Force, either as a uniformed member of a service, a civilian employee, or a consultant, including experience interacting and coordinating with, or for, diverse federal, state and local government agencies and stakeholders, as well as private entities and individuals.
Qualifications: Applicants must have:
The incumbent must:
- A demonstrated background and successful experience in project leadership, including: preparing cost proposals, marketing task orders, managing team members, preparing status reports and billings for clients, preparing progress reports to company/agency management, and providing briefings to senior leadership levels.
- A strong background in research and analyses, including the production of written reports, studies, and briefings, with a strong understanding of governmental planning, procurement, and the regulatory and policy formulation process. Knowledge of similar state level regulations and policies is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. A Master's degree from an accredited college or university or a Bachelor's degree together with significant evidence of demonstrated job experience and training equivalent to a Master's Degree.
- Intellectual curiosity, paired with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite programs Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and abilities with Access a plus. Experience managing or directing production of GIS products is a strong plus.
- Availability for regular and frequent travel, both within the U.S. and overseas.
- A demonstrable and strong commitment to a conservation ethic and a strong desire to identify and support strategies for natural resource conservation and a commitment to use green best management practices in the performance of their work.
- Demonstrated success in business development and the participation in and/or production of bids and proposals a strong plus.
Additional Considerations and Evaluation Factors:
- Be eligible to work in the U.S. (DHS Form I-9 must be completed by the incumbent and submitted to DHS for verification of citizenship and eligibility through E-Verify)
- Have, or be able to secure any necessary security clearance as required by government task orders.
- Submit to a criminal and financial background check and be cleared as a condition of any final offer of employment.
Duty Station and Residency
- Experience with a service's installation sustainability/range sustainability or natural resource management programs a strong plus.
- Willingness to travel on a significant basis.
Salary and Benefits:
- The primary duty station may be either the Company's Oakland office or its Oceanside office, and the Company may hire for the position at each location. Applicants with a duty station preference should make that point clear in their cover letter.
- Residence within, or willingness to relocate to a federally designated HUBZone census tract within reasonable commuting distance of the assigned duty station is a requirement that will be waived only under significant extenuating circumstances (e.g., current home ownership at a non-qualifying address within reasonable commuting distance of the duty station (please go to www.sba.gov/hubzone for more information on this residency requirement).
- The incumbent will be required to submit to a background check as a condition of any final offer of employment. Depending on the exact nature of the work the position may entail, the applicant may also be required to submit to a credit and financial background check. This required contingency and evaluation continues even after hiring.
For the position of Senior Analyst/Senior Planner (Project Leader), the Company will pay a competitive salary commensurate with the incumbent's level of education and experience and responsibilities between $80,000 and $105,000. The incumbent will be eligible for company health and other insurance benefits, access to a 401(k) plan, and personal leave accrual.
Essential Functions Description
The incumbent will normally work in an indoor, climate controlled work station or office, but be frequently required to travel to various other sites and/or offices which may not be climate controlled; to manage and coordinate work by scheduling and undertaking frequent airline, train or vehicle travel. Incumbent will be required to frequently organize and coordinate schedules, analyze and interpret data, engage in fast-moving problem solving, be expected to be capable of professionally and competently directing the work of others in stressful situations and communicating quickly and precisely with coworkers and clients alike. The incumbent must be able to craft written communication including the use of e-mail and other electronic reproduction of words, graphs, and photos. Incumbent will be required to make regular use of and be proficient with computers, telephones, mobile communication devices, copy machines and printers.
Please fill out the "Information on Applicants" form below and, using the provided browser buttons, attach a resume or curriculum vitae, writing sample (limit of 5-10 pages), most recent college or graduate school transcripts, and a minimum of three professional references.
Marstel-Day, LLC - 17 months ago