Senior Application Developer/Project Lead - Intelligent Solutions
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
JP Morgan Intelligent Solutions (JPMIS) is a new group considering ways to transform our data assets into opportunities for JPMorgan Chase by leveraging the vast amount of proprietary data across the firm.
Protecting and managing intellectual property effectively as well as utilizing it to develop solutions that are both customized and scalable will enable the firm to create value for our shareholders.
Reporting to the Head of Technology for the Intelligent Solutions Group,
the senior hands-on technical leader is responsible for analysis, design, development, implementation of new technology platforms and tools for the benefit of JPM IS and its clients.
As a member of a nimble agile team, Senior Applications Developer/Lead will work on variety of projects and own complete deliverables.
Sample projects in the pipeline:
- partner with several 3rd party firms in creating a Joint Development Environment (JDE), and build appropriate tools and applications using the collective intellectual property of JPMC and partner firms
- lead build out of JPMIS data warehouse using Greenplum big data platform, in partnership with a 3rd party
- lead data integration efforts with Retail, TSS, AM and CIB
- design and build Data Management tools for JPMIS Data Operations team
- evaluate Business Intelligence tools in partnership with JPMIS Sales and Product Development teams, and implement the selected product
- partner with GTI and other internal teams and implement appropriate data tokenization and encryption tools
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
- BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred
- Minimum 10-15 years of designing and building large scale business applications, data warehouses, distributed and scalable systems
- Proficiency in developing systems using at least 2 of the following: Oracle/Greenlum/ Teradata/Hadoop, Java, Python, .NET, HTML5/XML
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational, object or big data database environments
- Experience with data management and data processing
- Technology thought leadership and influencing
- Good understanding of the organizations goals and objectives
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; knowledge of Agile process is a plus
- Domain knowledge of Retail or Wholesale products is a plus
- Knowledge of JP Morgan Chase Retail or Wholesale data warehouses and applications is a plus
US-NY-New York-277 Park Avenue / 03363
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...