My client, a world leading Proprietary Trading company is looking for a talented and conscientious Application Support Engineer to join their High Frequency Systems team and are prepared to offer a highly attractive compensation package to the right individual.
In terms of personality, here’s what we’re looking for:
You have a reputation for providing best in class customer service and a passion for serving as a top-notch solutions provider. You want to be recognized and rewarded for your hard work and contributions and to make an impact within an award-winning team and world class financial services organization.
- Proactive technologists - When you realize you don't know something, you're hungry to learn it right now!
- Strong communicators/Relationship Builders – You will need to be able to provide and communicate complex technology solutions across differing audiences including technical, managerial, business executives, and/or vendors
- Subject Matter Experts - Lead the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Strong Organization skills – You
In terms of responsibilities, here’s what you will be handling:
In terms of technical skills, here’s what you will need:
- Provide day-to-day application support to our Customers. Answer usage questions, monitor for errors, provide upgrades, trouble shoot potential system defects and investigate improper usage on the network.
- Utilize a proprietary network and application-monitoring tool to monitor Customer usage and provide proactive diagnosis of issues.
- Liaise with Product Management and Implementation groups to ensure resolution of Customer issues and to communicate Customer requests and suggestions.
- Create and monitor issues in an internal incident tracking system to identify problem trends. Implement programs to resolve (e.g. more training, better documentation).
- Ability to troubleshoot both system and application issues in the Windows Operating system.
- Assist with product testing and deployments.
- Assist trading desk with client order problems and trade support issues.
- Must have strong customer service skills; an ability to communicate well with buy-side traders and their technical support staff.
- Motivated self-starter with good problem solving skills and a take-responsibility attitude
- Provide after hour’s support for the regional offices.
- Provide support for our Trade Operations clearing and settling team.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting for the business with the use of SQL.
- Must be a team player with ability and interest in participating in new projects and helping other departments within the company.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
In terms of technical skills, here’s what is beneficial:
- Customer, trading desk or internal desk top support experience.
- Experience in Windows XP/7/Server or LINUX/UNIX environment.
- Knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle or Sybase.
- Experience in the financial services industry (trading desk preferred)
- Knowledge of complex SQL queries.
- Knowledge of internet and publish / subscribe concepts a plus.
- Knowledge of the FIX protocol is required.
- 2+ years writing scripts in PERL or Python
Current Team/Organizational Structure
- Experience Supporting low-latency trading environment
- Skills in Perl, Python,
This is an immediate hire, interviews are to begin soon and early application is advised. GQR also welcomes tentative enquiries from suitably qualified individuals.
- Flat structure – Line management are always keen to hear new ideas
- Meritocratic – Strong performers are well recognized within the business, and have historically progressed extremely quickly
- Industry experts – You will be surrounding yourself with some of the brightest people in their field and will have the opportunity to share ideas and learn from them every day
Confidentiality and utmost discretion is 100% assured.
Key words: Linux, RedHat, SuSe, Support. Application, SQL, Unix , Perl, Shell, Low Latency, High Frequency, Network, Server Engineering, Solaris,
APPLY | email@example.com
VISIT US | www.g-q-r.com/vacancies
While a resume is preferable we also welcome tentative enquiries from well-qualified persons. To speak with an agent please contact one of our regional offices using the contact details listed below. Utmost confidentiality and discretion is assured.
Search Consultant: James Friend
Contact Telephone Number: +44 (0) 203 141 8000
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/e/vgh/1615777
VISIT US | www.g-q-r.com | www.g-t-r.com | www.gqrgm.com
GQR Global Quant, GQR Global Trading, GQR Global Markets
We operate globally and leverage our extensive relationships to unite the most talented people with the most intellectually and financially rewarding career opportunities throughout Europe, the United States, Asia and the Middle East.
QuantFinanceJobs.com - 13 months ago