The M+W Group is the leading global partner for architecture, engineering, construction and project management in the fields of Advanced Technology Facilities, the Life Science industries, Energy & Environmental Technologies , Mission Critical, Electronics and other High-Tech Infrastructure s . Our focus is technically complex ; f rom concept development to turnkey services , our company manage s projects of all sizes ensuring flexibility, rapid realization and cost-effective completion.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees. Our teams bring outstanding expertise to every project, from business and strategic planning to facility maintenance and operations.
We create extraordinary solutions, delivering the unexpected by listening and responding with ingenuity and innovation.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Project Architect when performing Project duties will work in a team environment together with the Project Manager, Design Architect and Project Engineers to assess, program, master plan and design projects involving either “Greenfield” construction or renovation/reuse. Projects primarily involve research, development and manufacturing facilities for advanced technology clients in biotechnology, pharmaceutical, nanotechnology, semiconductor, mission critical, and renewable energies, as well as projects in the military and government market segments. When performing duties as a Project Architect you will be integral at both the Platform and Discipline Levels in the preparation of Quality Reviews, and solving or directing the resolution of complex technical or design problems. You will work with the Senior Architects from other Platforms to help develop designs, details, and specification standards, and mentor Intern Architects and junior staff regarding technical development. Your experience and expertise related to data center projects will be utilized to strengthen our capabilities in the Mission Critical market segment .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Attractive salaries, supportive environments, and excellent benefits allow for growth and career development with M+W Group. Relocation assistance is available. If you want to join a dynamic environment that supports its employees to move up instead of move on, please forward your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support updates and refinements to M+W’s Safety in Design specifications and checklists as related to the Architectural Discipline.
- Understand the safety posture and results for areas of responsibility on each project.
- Support proactive communication and consistent enforcement of company safety policies and Site Specific Plans.
- Work collaboratively with EHS staff as a resource for strategic and tactical implementation of EHS processes and procedures.
- Participate in CERT and HAZMAT training and teams as required by project responsibilities.
- Participate in pre-design project activities, such as: site and building assessments; zoning ordinance and site plan review and approvals; building code review; and other project related research.
- Work closely with the Design Architect and Project Specialists while leading the development of Construction Documents, including drawings and specifications.
- Participate in Services during Construction, including responding to RFIs, shop drawing and submittal review, site observation, preparation of field-issued sketches, participation in construction meetings, and preparation of preliminary and final punch lists.
- Respond to independent QA/QC reviews of project deliverables.
- Participate in weekly project meetings, including report-out on project progress, performance risks, budget status, coordination issues, and staffing requirements.
- Contribute to continuous improvement processes (CIP) of the Company, including assessment of: performance against project budgets and schedules; required responses to RFIs, independent QA/QC audits; and client feedback.
- Support business development activities, including: preparation of materials for qualifications, proposals and interviews; technical writing to describe project challenges and related lessons learned; participation in interviews, including oral presentation of project related issues and project processes/procedures; and assistance in the preparation of fee proposals, including estimation of man-hours, deliverables, and schedule requirements.
- Mentor Interns and junior members of project teams and support the M+W IDP.
- Ensure that QA reviews are conducted and recorded per company policies for every project under your supervision.
- Review / contribute standards / tools / templates to the Discipline Knowledge Center.
- Prepare and present technical presentations during the monthly All-Hands meetings on topics of interest or problem areas where improvement is needed.
- Regularly participate in Discipline provided training opportunities.
- Actively participate in Platform level and Discipline level All–Hands Meetings.
- Regularly support Group Engineering Efficiency tasks.
- Actively participate in Discipline Knowledge Center Focus Groups, especially Data Center Design.
- Other duties as assigned.
NO OUTSIDE RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES
M+W is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity.
Monster - 2 years ago