Senior Assistant: Application Developer
Remote Work Authorized
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Mar 30, 2013, 2:27:32 PM
The Alabama Supercomputer Center (ASC) provides Internet, technology and resources for the Alabama Supercomputer Authority, a State agency. The ASC supports key education programs for the state’s Departments of Education and Postsecondary Education, as well as a 24x7 Help Desk, Network Operations Center, and technical support for Alabama’s K-12 schools, higher education and public libraries. ASC also hosts supercomputers to support Alabama research universities working on significant scientific and engineering problems.
CSC is seeking individuals with programming language skills.
Essential Job Functions
- Codes, documents and implements programs according to the project specifications provided.
- Participates in peer reviews.
- Tests code; executes unit test plans for assigned programming tasks.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Zero or more years of programming experience
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Basic programming skills
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
- Interpersonal skills to interact with team members
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to learn and expand on technical expertise
CSC - 11 months ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...