The Senior Associate Auditor IV is responsible for performing individual internal audit projects, as part of the total internal audit plan. Work will focus on financial, IT and operational processes. The Senior Associate Auditor IV will contribute to the design and development of the annual internal audit plan and will champion risk management and internal control concepts throughout the organization. The Senior Associate Auditor IV may be asked to work on more complex/higher risk audits and investigations with the expectation of a quick turnaround.
- Develop internal audit scope based on business risk and understanding of the processes.
- Perform complex internal audits which include planning, opening conference, fieldwork and reporting phases.
- Prepare internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed.
- Perform follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues. Work with management both at RFCO and at the campuses to answer questions and confirm the status of any recommendations.
- Assist in developing periodic status reports to management and the Audit Committee.
- Provide recommendations for future audit areas.
- May direct and review the work performed by other internal audit personnel. This may include assigning, scheduling, supporting, managing and reviewing lower level auditor work product.
- Conduct special audits and assignments as requested.
- 3-5+ years of public accounting and/or private industry experience with knowledge of accounting, finance and internal control areas.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Demonstrated ability to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change.
- Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members.
- CPA or CIA designation preferred.
- Experience with research institutions or federal contracting.
- Experience with Oracle financial systems is a plus.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation for the State University of New York are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. The Research Foundation for the State University of New York operates under a contract with The State University of New York and receives no directly appropriated state funding.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
State University of New York at Albany Research Foundation - 5 months ago