Senior Auditor / Principal in Brockton, MA
This position is responsible for the overall successful delivery of Connolly’s audit services to our clients. Success is defined as meeting or exceeding client expectations and goals while maximizing profitability and value to Connolly and its auditing associates.
The ideal candidate will have previous Recovery Audit experience, extensive Retail Accounting or Finance experience, able to rapidly learn Connolly’s audit techniques and tools and have the desire to assume management responsibilities. The tasks, duties and responsibilities of the position that are most important are:
Desirable aspects include:
- Act as Connolly’s principal liaison with the Client, oversee/manage the Connolly Associates assigned to the audit engagement, liaise with Connolly’s Data Center, Client vendors or other designees by providing leadership, direction, responding to inquiries and resolving conflicts.
- Comply with the guidelines of Connolly’s established recovery audit practices and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application. This position may aid in the development of Client audit guidelines.
- Protect client records (including buyer’s files, contracts, leases, lease extracts, price lists, deal sheets, invoices, check copies, purchase orders, etc.) given to Connolly and ensure orderly transfer of such records at the beginning and end of each audit assignment to client or client designate (e.g.: secondary audit firm).
- Ensure the overall financial success of audit engagements assigned. This includes the financial success of the assigned audit associates as well as Connolly.
- Audit planning – Research audit/industry history before establishing audit plan to maximize efficiency. Leverage resources necessary for organization and time management.
- Monthly status reporting – Deliver on time monthly status reports to Connolly Consulting and Client.
- Management reporting – Deliver at the end of the audit a Management Report that identifies opportunities for client to improve accounting processes, controls and procedures.
- Promotes & participates in Knowledge Sharing activities both on audits they manage and other Connolly audit sites as needed. Knowledge sharing includes, but is not limited to : Best Practices, Benchmarking and Whitepapers
- Ensures the audit team is looking at all possible claim categories and claim types and is using all available proprietary software and reports to conduct their audits.
- Provides expertise to the audits in industry practices, how to identify claims and how to use the software.
- Liaise with Connolly Corporate, Business Development/Marketing and Division Heads for timing and renewal of client contracts.
- Work to champion and foster Connolly’s mission and corporate culture.
- Participates as needed on committees and with initiatives that improve technology, procedures, claim productivity and revenue. Examples include: developing training programs & materials, beta testing new proprietary software releases, making presentations at corporate or divisional meetings, etc.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Regional Vice President(s)
- Corporate Departments (Finance, HR, Sales, Marketing, IT and Operations)
- Auditors (Managers, Seniors and Associates)
The minimum level of education and experience required to perform the job.
- Specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Experience sufficient to understand the importance of careful negotiations with clients and vendors to ensure a successful audit
- To perform this job successfully an individual should have a working knowledge of generic client accounting software, Access databases, Microsoft Windows, Excel and Microsoft Word and Power Point, Outlook, and Internet Software
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportion, percentages, rebates, purchases, sales, volume, etc
This position requires a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four year college or university, or ten years of related industry finance experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Personal characteristics that contribute to an individual's ability to excel on the job.
- Customer Service Focused
- Team Player
- Results Oriented
- Boundaryless Behavior
Connolly, LLC - 19 months ago
We also offer over 600,000 promotional items to serve all the needs of your campaign. We have increased our in-house button making options....