JPMorgan Chase & Co.
(NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The JP Morgan Chase Audit Department is accountable to the Audit and Examining Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and our global and local regulators. The global Audit Department has in excess of 500+ auditors.
The FI/ CIO Audit team is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environment across the Investment Bank Fixed Income businesses as well as the Chief Investment Office. This is achieved through a program of audit coverage that is performed and managed by a global team of integrated technology and financial business specialists.
The position is within the Fixed Income/CIO Audit Team in New York. This role will include execution of the program of audit coverage for both the North America Credit Trading businesses as well as North America CIO. Specifically, this includes product coverage of credit and interest rate derivatives and cash instruments.
The Senior Auditor must possess strong relationship management capabilities and must be knowledgeable of the operational and control risks which exist in these businesses. This position requires an individual who can actively partner with global and regional technology and business management, colleagues and regulators.
As a member of the FI/CIO Audit Team in NA you will be expected to design and implement the audit program of coverage which involves effective risk assessment and design of a risk coverage approach. You will be responsible for executing the corresponding audit plan, managing client relationships and for monitoring and influencing ongoing business projects throughout the year.
- Perform detailed test work.
- Partner with colleagues, clients and control community members to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls. This is conducted in accordance with department and professional standards and will require the presentation of root cause issues to senior client management.
- Track management's corrective actions in response to control findings.
- Disseminate best practice and lessons learned to colleagues and clients.
- Identify and follow up on specific audit issues and ensure appropriate involvement with significant development efforts or projects. In this capacity members of the team are often asked to join the steering or program control committee's of major projects to provide continuous feedback on control issues or compliance with best practice standards.
- Perform monitoring of periodic operational and financial related data to recognize patterns and trends with risk and control implications.
- Build effective contacts and relationships with client management and colleagues through effective teamwork and innovating thinking.
- Some travel may be required.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
At least five years of experience in a financial services firm or in public accounting, with an appropriate level of exposure to and involvement with the products related to these businesses. Internal audit experience preferred.
Ability to run audits, manage projects and participate in audit assignments in a team environment
Experience and an expert proficiency in risk analysis and audit report preparation required
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal risk.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
US-NY-New York-245 Park Avenue / 03360
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase - 10 months ago
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...