At WatsonBarron, we share a philosophy when it comes to recruiting - focus on people. Great companies, no matter the product or service, are run by people. We have made a commitment to the careers and businesses of those who lead. We seek out the best and the brightest in the accounting & finance industries and introduce them to clients with the highest expectations. We do this with a tireless commitment to detail. This commitment has made WatsonBarron the selected recruiter for many of the region's top professionals and ground-breaking companies. These range from incubator companies focused on technology and cutting-edge diagnostics, to Fortune 500 entertainment, pharmaceutical, consumer products, publishing, consulting, manufacturing, and financial services firms.
Senior Internal Auditor
Plan, perform, and lead audit assignments, including audits of external business partners and corporate audits, to evaluate business risks and determine if adequate controls are designed and operating to mitigate these risks
Travel = 20%
Required Education & Experience
- Support the Internal Audit department in the achievement of the Annual Audit Plan.
- Perform audit assignments by determining whether audit areas reviewed are in compliance with regulatory requirements, Company standards, and industry best practices.
- Appreciate the needs and demands of internal stakeholders during the audit process so that any issues can be addressed and resolved effectively.
- Provide accurate and timely information to all external and internal stakeholders concerning audit status and other inquires.
- Plan, perform, and lead audit assignments to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of business processes and related controls.
- Participate in all aspects of internal audit activity, including pre-audit planning, audit fieldwork and post-auditing work, in accordance with accepted professional standards.
- Determine key controls, direction, and approach of proposed audits and audit procedures to be used.
- Prepare detailed work papers that evidence the work performed and any issues that arise.
- Draft, prepare, and submit audit findings and make presentations to management.
- Participate in the development of audit programs.
- Assist in developing risk assessment.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- 3-5 year’s audit experience with a Big4 (or national accounting firm) or public company audit experience required
- CPA, CIA or significant progress towards certification.
ZipRecruiter - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
At WatsonBarron, we share a philosophy when it comes to recruiting - focus on people. Great companies, no matter the product or service, are...