Senior Auditor - Risk Management - Internal Audit Group-14002380
The Internal Audit Group (IAG) is a worldwide function with over 150 team members and offices in 7 countries. We are comprised of assurance and risk professionals with diverse backgrounds including internal controls, consumer compliance, technology, operational risk, financial accounting and banking operations. The IAG organization consists of 14 audit teams aligned with the business units and staff groups along with a professional practice and quality assurance team and a reporting and regulator relations team. All teams report into the General Auditor who reports directly to the American Express Company Audit and Risk Committee and administratively to the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
- Assist team leaders, senior managers, and senior auditors in accomplishing audit objectives in a team environment
- Participate as a key team member on audit projects
- Understands, identifies, evaluates and documents key risks and controls.
- Document processes under review
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge of audit and proper application of sampling techniques
- Works with managers /team leaders to develop audit test steps and can assume responsibility for key process areas of moderate complexity
- Execute audit tests competently in accordance with policies and procedures, and with moderate supervision
- Summarize and communicate results
- Develop recommendations to close identified control gaps
- Proficient use of automated work papers and other department and company tools
- Maintain internal audit competency through ongoing professional development
- Three to five years of experience in the banking industry within a public accounting, finance and/or internal audit function.
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
- Professional certification (CPA, FRM, CRA, CIA, CISA, or equivalent) preferred
- Knowledge and experience in application of control theory and professional auditing practices
- Ability to think analytically, communicate complex issues, and develop control recommendations
- Effective written and verbal communication; ability to present control analysis and recommendations with clarity and professionalism
- Demonstrated track record of integrity, effective communication, innovation, and excellence
- Experience working in teams
- Ability to travel
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...