Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
Participates in and manages audits of an assigned audit area, functional area or subsidiary to ensure that proper analysis is utilized to determine whether a system of control exists, is adequate, is effectively maintained and includes appropriate corrective action.
• Determines the extent of compliance with Company policies and procedures, the accuracy of financial and statistical information, the adherence to federal, state, and local laws and regulations for assigned Company activities, and ensures that the established system of internal control is properly functioning.
• Participates in and manages specific audits of suppliers, landlords, developers, or contractors as assigned, to determine that the cost of goods and services rendered is in accordance with contractual agreements.
• Prepares or assures preparation of the pre-audit survey to determine procedures in use, locate potential problem areas and prepare or update the formal audit program to be used during the audit.
• Schedules and supervises the activities of auditors during the audit; reviews work papers prepared by auditors for technical accuracy and thoroughness; counsels and guides on audit scope and approach for portions of the audit assigned to the other auditors.
• Develops approach and conducts audit examination of various business processes, plans work, prepares budget, and prepares work papers to support audit findings. Prepares and/or directs the preparation of a draft audit report to be discussed with management at the conclusion of the audit.
• Conducts special investigations involving known or suspected misappropriation of Company funds or property, or other actions by associates or outsiders that could be detrimental to the Company's best interests.
• Assists in the development of annual audit plans and priorities within the assigned area of audit responsibility. Develops and/or updates audit programs for use in auditing these areas.
• Provides assistance to the Company's external auditors by jointly participating in audits, or by independently performing certain phases of audit work using audit programs.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments
• Communicates with operating management Associates during the assigned audits of Company facilities, functional support areas, divisions or third-party contractors with respect to audit findings in general.
• Confers with appropriate management Associates concerning contractual agreements between the Company and outside parties.
• In the course of special investigations, confers with representatives of law enforcement agencies, prosecutors, representatives of governmental agencies and/or representatives of other companies.
• Works closely with external auditors when jointly participating in audits and maintains open communications with external auditors when performing phases of their work using their program
• 2+ years of auditing experience within the Company and/or with other firms.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a major in finance or accounting preferred.
J. C. Penney - 2 years ago