Citizant is one of the Capital area’s fastest-growing providers of business and technical solutions — Enterprise Architecture, Information Quality, Application Development, and Program Management — to civilian and military government organizations. We hire only smart, passionate, and committed “A Players” and support them with mature processes and extensive training. The result is consistent, measurable performance and exceptional service as we strive to create a better future for our associates and our fellow citizens.
Citizant brings proven practices and experience to our clients that enable them to provide remarkable service to the citizen. Citizant is seeking innovative, driven and quality-focused Senior Business Analyst / IT Portfolio Management & Strategic Planning professionals to join our growing practice.
- Works closely and effectively within a small to medium-sized multi-disciplined team
- Builds effective relationships with the client to develop the right solutions at the right time
- Conduct interviews and facilitate meetings with business and technical executives to derive/validate performance goals and business functions and processes
- Support IT Strategic Planning by capturing and documenting business goals and performance measures and maintaining the department’s core architecture artifacts
- Supports stakeholder sessions and captures both decisions and context of discussions, and synthesizes the dialogue into meaningful outputs
- Perform gap analysis, develop communications (reports, presentation, etc.) to convey findings and recommendations, and develop transition and sequencing plans
- Generate business process descriptions that document business needs, business rules, business process details, etc. using EA tools such as IBM Rational System Architect
- Support IT Portfolio development, maturity, and decision support. Capture and document inter-relationships across sub-portfolios including: projects, technology, assets, strategies and goals.
- Provides subject matter expertise in one or more of the following disciplines: Enterprise Architecture, Portfolio Management, CPIC, IT Governance, SDLC, and ITIL.
- Self motivated with the ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment, work across organizational departments and instill confidence with the client through work quality, time management & organizational skills and responsiveness.
- Broad knowledge of IT systems, and how they fit in enterprise or segment level architectures.
- Experienced in translating business strategies, across several business units, into effective solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in business requirement and information technology engagements and consulting on enterprise architecture, business process transformation or systems modernization projects preferably with the Federal Government
- Experience supporting Strategic Planning initiatives, maintaining the Performance Reference Model (or similar experience) and mapping business processes to performance goals and measures
- Experience with OMB and GAO Federal Enterprise Architecture, FEA guidance including Federal Segment Architecture Methodology (FSAM), FEA reference models and OMB 300/53.
- Preferred experience with Business Process Modeling (As-Is and To-Be); analyzing business requirements and working with SMEs from functional areas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to apply writing skills to develop narrative reports and deliverables to be published external to organization.
- Proven track record of meeting project deadlines, delivering high-quality consulting services, building client relationships and developing follow-on and new business.
- BS in Information Technology or related technical discipline is a minimum.
- Excellent knowledge of FEA architecture approaches and various System/Software Development Lifecycles.
- Knowledge of EA software tools (i.e. IBM System Architect,Troux).
- Knowledge/experience of Enterprise Portfolio Management – Desired.
- Enterprise Architecture Certification – Desired.
Citizant strives to be an employer of choice in the Washington metropolitan area. Citizant associates accept challenging and rewarding work and in return receive excellent compensation and benefits, as well as the opportunity for personal and professional development. Citizant is an equal-opportunity employer.