Purpose of Role:
To work with one or more business units, supporting multiple assigned projects aimed at delivering IT solutions and services that meet RBI cost, quality and strategic targets. The role will predominantly focus on gathering and analyzing work group data, defining current processes and requirements, researching ''best practices,'' and identifying and documenting process improvements and functional specifications.
Role incumbents will typically be experienced analysts, with a strong background in business analysis in a related industry.
Key Results Areas
1. Product research, specification and planning (approx. 50% of time)
• Develop and maintain documentation of business requirements, workflows, processes, applications, tractability matrices, and data dictionaries as relevant, ensuring that the functional documentation, such as specifications and functional designs, are kept up-to-date in line with both business and corporate strategies.
• Organize and drive requirements gathering
• Work with Product Management in order to understand the business strategy, goals and objectives and to assist the development of a clear roadmap to enable that business unit to achieve them.
• Ensure the Product backlog is kept up-to-date
• Contribute to the overall Technology strategy and ensure that customer interests are fully represented.
• Complete research activities and advise product management and business users on new innovations and technologies within the industry.
• To assist with the submission of new projects across all systems.
• Own the scoping and requirements gathering for assigned projects.
• Support the Head or Product and/or Product Manager in the prioritisation of bug and enhancement requests, and that business users are kept informed on progress
• Participate in competitive analysis exercises.
• Develop, document, and deliver reporting both periodically and on an ad hoc basis.
• Support and work with the leadership team to drive improvements such as workflow efficiencies, error reduction/elimination, cost impact, and issue resolution.
• Work with the escalation coordinator, team leads, and managers to identify error trends and possible solutions.
2. Ensuring high quality delivery (approx. 50% of time)
• Work with stakeholders across the business to deliver user stories, functional specifications conceptual function models, conceptual data models, to a high quality suitable to support the development process
• Review deliverables from development team and work with the test team to ensure that the final delivered solution was what was originally requested.
• Ensure that the business remains fully engaged throughout the project lifecycle.
• Help ensure relevant stakeholders at all levels of the business are aware of product developments and aware of specific product concerns with regards to projects.
• Attend regular user forums to ensure that the product continues to deliver business benefits, and gather product enhancements that drive continuous improvement.
• Support business users to ensure smooth transition from development activities into production by providing product knowledge during training, UAT and go live activities.
• Share expertise and experience with less experienced team members.
• Bachelor's Degree in relevant subject area
• At least 5 years experience working on projects of considerable scale and/or complexity
• Proven track record of gathering business requirements and translating them into user stories/functional specifications
• Proven delivery experience in an agile environment
• Proficient in documenting As-Is and To-Be processes
• Proficiency in agile process software such as Jira, TFS or similar
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong communication skills across all levels of an organisation
• Ability to facilitate workshops
• Strong IT research, software analysis and design skills.
• A strong knowledge of conceptual data modelling, data flows, data analysis and data profiling.
• Knowledge and prior use of UML modelling language
• Broad technical understanding across various methodologies, platforms, tools and languages.
• Previous experience working in a waterfall or agile environment.
• ISEB qualified Business Analyst or equivalent
Reed Business Information - 30+ days ago