The Research Foundation For SUNY
Senior Business Analyst - Pre-Award
Department: Sponsored Programs
Locations: Albany, NY
Posted: Apr 09, '13
About The Research Foundation for SUNY:
Founded in 1951, the RF exists to serve SUNY and to capitalize on the scope, scale and diversity of SUNY as an engine of New York state's innovation economy.
The RF supports nearly $1 billion in SUNY research activity annually, providing sponsored programs administration and commercialization support services to SUNY faculty performing research in life sciences and medicine; engineering and nanotechnology; physical sciences and energy; social sciences, and computer and information sciences.
The Research Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that promoting a diverse, inclusive working environment enhances productivity, creates personal and professional opportunities, unleashes each individual's full potential and fuels innovation.
Visit www.rfsuny.org and connect with the RF on Facebook. Learn about the Power of SUNY at www.suny.edu.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Research Enterprise Decision Support , the candidate is predominantly responsible for the Research Foundation's Pre-Award Administrative business systems, and to a lesser extent Intellectual Property business systems. Modules would include proposal development, proposal submission, compliance (i.e IRB), intellectual property and other modules, and the reporting resulting from the system, used by various SUNY campuses. The candidate serves as the central point of contact for all system issues and is responsible for maintaining efficient functional design and operation of the system and the campus interfaces. May supervise or lead other team members.
1. Lead a team that is responsible for configuration and maintenance to meet business requirements of the SUNY Consortium.
2. Analyze and troubleshoot functional system and interface malfunctions.
3. Keep apprised of new and revised business requirements to ensure system accommodates business needs. Document functional and technical requests and work with technical team and contracted vendors to ensure implementation of the requests in a timely manner.
4. Facilitate ongoing functional development; represent user needs for modifications to the functional design of the system.
5. Ensure data quality measures are in place and be responsible for critical shared data elements.
6. Develop and produce data reports to meet campus and central office needs.
7. Responsible for functional implementation of migrations, upgrades and patches; conduct gap analysis; coordinate testing; assist in set-up and configuration.
8. Develop and implement plans to onboard new campuses including user security, setup and code tables.
9. Identify and communicate cross-functional issues to appropriate manager.
10. Act as liaison between campus users, technical team, RF Central Office and contracted vendors.
11. Work with organizational staff on changes to policies and procedures.
12. Document processes and practices related to research administration and the proposal development/intellectual property software
13. In collaboration with the webmaster, populate and update websites.
- A Bachelor's degree with 5 years' related work experience, including some experience in higher education, research or other related organization.
- Functional knowledge of sponsored programs, or pre-award activities
- Experience should include at least 3 years of experience in working with an enterprise class business system including testing, data analysis, and documentation.
- Understanding of technology, data and programming concepts.
- Strong oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Someone that is pro-active and acts as an advocate for the use of the business systems.
- Ability to travel to other SUNY campuses to assist in implementations and troubleshoot issues.
- Oracle knowledge in Grants Management.
- 2+ years of experience with a Pre-Award business system such as COEUS, Kuali, InfoEd, Click Commerce, etc.
- Experience in training.
To apply, please visit: http://tinyurl.com/c3eaxhn
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation for the State University of New York are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. The Research Foundation for the State University of New York operates under a contract with The State University of New York and receives no directly appropriated state funding.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
- 2 years ago - save job