Health Net, Inc. is a publicly traded managed care organization that delivers managed health care services through health plans and government-sponsored managed care plans. Its mission is to help people be healthy, secure and comfortable. Health Net, through its subsidiaries, provides and administers health benefits to approximately 5.4 million individuals across the country through group, individual, Medicare (including the Medicare prescription drug benefit commonly referred to as "Part D"), Medicaid, U.S. Department of Defense, including TRICARE, and Veterans Affairs programs. Health Net's behavioral health services subsidiary, Managed Health Network, Inc., provides behavioral health, substance abuse and employee assistance programs to approximately 4.9 million individuals, including Health Net's own health plan members. Health Net's subsidiaries also offer managed health care products related to prescription drugs, and offer managed health care product coordination for multi-region employers and administrative services for medical groups and self-funded benefits programs.
For more information on Health Net, Inc., please visit the company's website at
The Senior Business Analyst represents multiple business specialties or cross-functions on formal project teams, and is responsible for gathering and analyzing data, defining specifications, and analyzing and documenting business processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies, evaluates and documents business needs and objectives, operational processes and procedures, problems and requirements.
- Recommends operational and process improvements based on efficiencies and available technologies.
- Maintains a repository of performance metrics, and generates management reports illustrating statistical data, text and graphics
- Conducts secondary research using a variety of publications, services and health statistic databases.
- Produces documentation, including project plans, analytical reports, decision backup, information research reports, budget analyses, training plans, business justifications, and graphics.
- Responsible for project modeling and forecasting. May manage a singular effort on a given project or lead a team to address a specific concern.
- May also be assigned lower level management functions.
- Coordinates with stakeholders to develop business cases for potential new products or initiatives.
- Documents and maintains workflow and business process models related to assigned projects. Models Processes and events.
- Works with other departments to identify and document business requirements, workflow, policies and procedures
- Evaluates or assesses vendor features, functions, products, and attributes.
- Creates and executes user test plans.
- Documents project-planning assumptions, functional requirements, product features and specifications for programmers.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Health Administration, Marketing, Finance, or related field required.
Minimum five years experience with responsibility for cross-functional business analysis, preferably in the Health Care industry, including minimum three years on large projects in business or financial planning with a large company. In addition, experience conducting business studies and recommending solutions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to collect, analyze and present data.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to conduct business studies and recommend solutions.
- Knowledge of functional area policies, procedures, processes, and standards.
- Excellent writing skills for preparing narrative reports and correspondence.
- Abilities in math, accounting and/or financial principles, as well as fundamental knowledge of and skill in statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated mastery of the basic techniques of financial modeling, statistical analysis, accounting, business plan development and graphical displays of data.
- Knowledge of process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and evaluation processes.
- Knowledge and ability to apply advanced features of PC based programs and database management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge of the features and capabilities of PC based software programs and automated database management systems.
- Highly collaborative work and communication styles. Strong human relations skills and the ability to interact with various levels of personnel..
- Excellent oral communication skills and the skill to prepare and deliver presentations in a variety of formats.
- Demonstrated initiative and independence under minimal supervision in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple task, and meet deadlines with competing priorities.
The following section describes the general physical requirements for this position. Please note that 'constant' refers to more than 81% of time; 'significant' refers to 40-80%; and 'moderate' refers to 20-40% of the time.
- Operates personal computers, printers, facsimile, telephones, copy machines and other commonly used office accessories/equipment.
- Exposed to confidential information and expected to maintain confidentiality at all times; must adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations.
- May be required to work outside of normally scheduled hours as mandated by the client, project and/or workload (e.g. evenings, weekends, and/or holidays).
- May be required to maintain established work pace, meet deadlines; may have last minute urgent requests.
- Physical activity may include: twisting, reaching, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, grasping, grabbing, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, climbing, etc.
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Required to have hearing ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Required to have speaking ability to express or exchange ideas.
- Constant concentration may be required on various subjects by listening, reading and thinking clearly.
- Interaction with others may be required. May need to listen, think, and speak in order to interact with others. Business interactions and behavior between coworkers and/or external customers are required. This may require face-to-face or telephone interactions.
- Thinking at work may include listening, learning, analyzing, evaluating, and the ability to interpret what is seen and/or heard, or to link information from one issue to the next.
- Constant computer usage including typing and/or eye strain.
- Constant repetitive arm, wrist, hand and finger motions -- making repetitive movements (e.g. key boarding, filing, data entry).
- Constant phone usage; headsets may be required.
- Moderate amount of time spent working in a loud office environment with frequent interruptions/distractions.
- Constant sedentary work (desk bound or seated).
- Constant reading is required via computer screen and/or bound printed materials.
Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Health Net, Inc. supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment background and drug screening.
Health Net and its subsidiaries are an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D.
Health Net - 5 months ago