Responsible designing solutions and identifying deliverables. Responsible for insuring technical requirements are met as outlined in the scope or statement of work. Responsible for overseeing any design and development related activity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Lead discovery/JAD sessions with internal and external customer to identify business requirements that need to be met by solution.
· Ability to understand the overall demands of a project and design a solution utilizing technologies available to meet those demands.
· Participates in design sessions. Provides recommendations and alternative approaches and solutions.
· Works with team to identify gaps, business requirements gathering, specifications/service requests for technical groups and development efforts estimates (to be provided to PM).
· Responsible for inbound and outbound data interfaces and reports.
· Provides recommendation and guidelines associated with application, technical, database and network architecture.
· Contributes to the Detail Design deliverables.
· Provide guidance and direction to assigned Business Analyst where appropriate.
· Documents and clearly communicates the solution designed to internal resources, operations, management, external vendors and external customers.
· Oversees development activities including assigned development staff, testing and quality assurance.
· Maintain accurate and timely task updates and estimates back to PM/project plan.
· Performs liaison function between the customer’s business side and NFI IT resources.
Familiarity with TMS systems a plus
Job Related & Physical Requirements:
· Excellent written/verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Oversee system configuration and testing.
· MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Access.
· Basic understanding of relational databases, application development, networking, PC hardware and phones.
· Travel required – 10% to 20% depending on projects.
Experience, Education, and Training:
· Degree - BA / BS preferred.
NFI Industries - 14 months ago