This position will focus on selling investment strategies to Institutional investors in the Corporate channel. This individual will have a defined prospect universe focused on large-sized plans (generally $300M+). The ideal candidate will have a strong combination of sales/ relationship building skills and investment acumen that is demonstrated through an existing network of contacts at plan sponsors.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Develop and implement a business plan for the assigned territory on an annual basis
- Develop and implement separate sales plans for Tier 1 prospects in assigned territory; build solid relationships with a targeted group of prospects
- Drive prospecting activities to cultivate current and future business opportunities through making cold calls, conducting in-person meetings, sending mailings and information and following up on these activities within the assigned territory
- Work closely with Aberdeen investment teams, partnering with them to thoroughly understand our investment capabilities and present them effectively to our prospects
- Make firm-level and product-related presentations (including finals) to prospects in which you credibly articulate the investment strategy for a diverse range of products and vehicles across multiple asset classes. Must demonstrate the ability to convey unique product attributes which differentiate our strategies
- Coordinate with US and Global IBD teams to establish product prioritization so that all field team efforts are aligned and the necessary resources are identified and efficiently allocated
- Prepare and partner with product specialists and other in-house investment personnel to ensure they are adequately up-to-speed on new business opportunities and prepared for all prospect meetings and finals presentations
- Lead in the preparation of all finals presentations for prospects including pre-finals discussions with prospects/consultants as well as coordinating all internal logistics - presentation materials, meeting logistics, rehearsals and follow up post-finals
- Record all sales and contact activities, RFP/RFIs & searches in Salesforce
- Oversee 10 or fewer key client relationships and work collaboratively in a true team environment with Institutional Relationship Management, Consultant Relations and Client Service teams to deliver best in class service to our clients
- Ensure field consultants in territory are covered and up-to-speed on our tiered products
- Represent Aberdeen’s corporate story and brand effectively in the marketplace
- Attend selective industry-specific conferences to gather market intelligence and insight into new product developments
- Substantial travel (50% or more) is required with this position
- Bachelor’s degree required; CFA and/or MBA preferred.
- Series 7 & 63 required
- A minimum of 10 years of institutional sales experience
- Strong knowledge of Public and Taft Hartley market segments required with extensive network of existing contacts at large plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong presentation and meeting management skills
- Superior analytical ability and a strong understanding of investment products and capital markets
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both external and internal business partners
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact with people having varying degrees of investment acumen
- Dependable, punctual, self-disciplined and possesses a professional appearance and attitude
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Sets high expectations for self and others
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong applicable computer skills such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Should you wish to apply for this role, please email the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org , attaching a copy of your CV with a covering letter explaining why you wish to apply.