Responsible for leading the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Ensures that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision-making capabilities. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to the head of a unit/department.
- Design, build and maintain analytical reports utilizing current tools such as Hyperion/Business Objects etc.
- Maintain statistical models and reports using statistical analysis tools
- Design, build and maintain logical and physical data models to support business requirements
- Develop source to target business rule mappings
- Perform source data analysis and profiling
- Develop and maintain the Enterprise Data Dictionary
- Partner with DBAs to optimize performance
- Streamlining processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability, and value.
- Monitors volumes to forecast and, through in-depth knowledge of customer behavior, provides recommendations to Client Services and Operations to improve program performance.
- Provides financial and operational reports that establish and track efficiency, productivity and provide the basis for management decisions.
- Identifies process and system issues through the use of data and analysis, presents findings and makes recommendations. Performs data-driven root cause analysis as needed across the organization.
- Establishes standard procedures & tools for reporting and analytics.
- Works cross-functionally to troubleshoot issues and develop recommendations for resolution.
- Analyzes data, and prepares presentations reflecting business trends for internal reporting and client presentations.
- Owns reporting platform and development of all client and internal reporting.
- Oversees the ongoing development and operations of a business intelligence architecture that enables fact-based decision making and ad hoc analysis and insight generation.
- Helps evolve static reporting into dynamic business intelligence and predictive analytics.
- Assesses information needs of each functional group and develops reporting to meet those needs and foster operational efficiencies.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative briefs of departments’ business performance.
- Consults with clients and internal business stakeholders to drive more relevant reporting to satisfy requirements
- All work will be performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension Health.
- Promotes and exemplifies and supports the Ascension Health Alliance Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication.
Education : Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
Experience : Ideal candidate will be excited to build business intelligence platform and best practices where none exist.
Personal Skills, Aptitudes & Qualities: The position requires a mature individual who is conscientious, detail-oriented, and highly organized with the ability to schedule and complete a significant amount of work within time requirements; is able to work independently with minimal direction or as part of a team to accomplish his/her tasks; and possesses a strong business intelligence background. The incumbent must possess excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to make group presentations and prepare communications materials. Expressing opinions or information in a clear, concise and friendly manner on a level understandable to the audience to which it is intended is critical. The incumbent must be willing to travel and to work long and/or irregular work hours as necessary. The SmartHealth organization is a new, independent division within Ascension Health Alliance. As such, the ideal candidate will be someone that desires to work within a fast-paced environment, can assist in multiple roles and is comfortable with some ambiguity as the organization grows and matures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience in a business intelligence environment.
- Experience using newer technologies such as Hadoop, Pig, MapReduce, Hive/Hue
- Experience using NoSQl Databases such as HBase, Cassandra
- Experience using SQL Databases (Oracle), plus strong SQL development experience
- Experience with standard tool sets such as Hyperion, Cognos, Business Objects, SAS
- Familiarity with statistical analysis tools such as R, SPSS, etc.
- Familiarity with ETL tools such as Informatica, SSIS or Sqoop
- Relational database reporting experience, and NoSQL database reporting experience
- Strong ETL skills.
- Advanced experience with Business Objects (or similar BI tools), Web stats, Microsoft Office Products and databases
- Experience with financial analysis and reporting, budgeting, and statistical analysis used in operational environments.
- Health insurance experience strongly preferred.
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...