Helping make health care easy, accessible and affordable is a great calling. UnitedHealthcare Benefits Operations is looking for a creative problem solver with a passion for innovation and improving the experience we provide to our consumers and customers to join our team. The candidate is someone who is driven, resourceful, and enjoys working on a variety of assignments with a cross segment of people at all levels. |
In this role, you will be a key player in the Benefit Operations Consumer Experience organization responsible for supporting and driving strategies and projects around improving our consumer experience by identifying, designing, testing and implementing the solutions. This role will serve as a key consumer experience advocate and evangelist through driving and participation in consumer-related initiatives and activities.
On a day-to-day basis, this position will drive solutions and implement improvement projects. Key to this function is an understanding of the consumer experience lifecycle and the ability to drive substantial and incremental improvement of all customer touch-points across the lifecycle. The scope will include all processes that impact the consumer through interfacing with UnitedHealthcare Operations. It will be important to demonstrate advanced abilities in effectively assembling and analyzing different consumer-based data along with the ability to successfully plan, manage and implement projects. This position will play a key role in shaping how our organization interacts with our consumers across all channels. Successful candidates should have experience in the strategic design and mapping of experiences from the consumer's perspective. You will work closely with many cross-functional areas (i.e. call center operations, marketing, product management and portal) along with cross-segment areas throughout UnitedHealth Group to identify current gaps and future improvements.
JOB SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Analyze and identify "pain points"
- Identify consumer experience improvement projects
- Map current state experiences
- Facilitate and participate in cross functional problem solving process improvement efforts to understand, document, and improve current processes
- Analyze data detailing consumer feedback (post call surveys, outbound surveys, online feedback, internal feedback, call recordings) to determine root cause of consumer experience gaps
- Analyze dashboard reports and other metrics to determine impact of consumer experience on business results
- Acquire data when information gaps exists to assess current state and opportunities for improvement
- Research industry service benchmarks and provide best practices for measurement strategies, tools, dashboards and consumer feedback techniques
- Identify end to end process improvements, assess impacts of business changes, provide business requirements, recommend solutions, manage testing/implementation, and validate effectiveness
- Identify improvements
Present findings and project status updates
- Develop a business case including recommendations regarding priority and impacts
- Define project plans, assemble resources and manage/ implementation activities and track progress
- Implement action plans that improve consumer experience performance
- Support designing organizational capability around consumer experience and process improvement that supports business objectives and creates a world-class service experience
- Support building a culture where everyone "owns" the consumer experience
- Support development of metrics to measure consumer experience and improvements
- Set long-term strategy to drive consumer experience adoption, ownership and maturity
- Consumer experience design knowledge and skills
- Strong business acumen with analytical skills to assess problems and develop solutions/improvements
- Excellent understanding of business process and continuous improvement models (Six Sigma, LEAN, TQM)
- Excellent analytical, logic and quantitative skills with a natural tendency to use data in decision-making and prioritization
- Ability to identify and articulate consumer experience issues, and translate them into business requirements and implementation plans
- Strong knowledge of consumer satisfaction drivers
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a cross-functional team and to confidently engage and communicate with employees at all levels.
- Strong ability to solve complex process problems spanning across multiple functional areas and business units; managing through a direct and indirect reporting relationship is a key function of this role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; advanced presentation skills
- Ability to lead effective decision making processes that achieve shared vision across all business units and functions; influence cross functionally to achieve results
- Fosters and maintains key working relationships with internal departments such as operations, marketing, sales and product management to ensure consistency in service and to keep abreast of changes that impact the consumer experience
- Ability to interact with all levels including senior management and influence decision-making
- Ability to think creatively with a passion for new ideas and feedback
- Jumps to challenges not "in my area"
- Makes bold decisions even if alone on viewpoint (done constructively and responsibly)
- Strong bias for action
- Management Skills
- Excellent time-management skills and organizational agility
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, is comprised of three specialized businesses dedicated to meeting the health care benefits needs of individuals and groups; all part of something greater, but each with a specialized focus:
- 4+ years of Project management experience required (including planning, estimating, and executing the projects)
- 3+ years experience in business process analysis and design including proven success for business process improvements required
- 3+ years experience process mapping, putting together artifacts, and related graphical/textual communication of information, deliverables, etc.
- Advanced Visio, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Customer/Consumer Experience background preferred
- Bachelors degree in business, finance, marketing, administration or related field preferred
UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual works with individuals, small businesses and large multi-site employers to provide innovative, affordable benefits services.
UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement is focused on serving Americans over the age of 50. It is the largest business dedicated to meeting the growing health and well-being needs of aging individuals in the nation, serving one in five Medicare beneficiaries through a comprehensive and diversified array of products and services through four industry-leading businesses.
UnitedHealthcare Community & State provides high-quality, personalized, public-sector health care programs that help local government agencies improve health outcomes for millions of children and low-income and disabled individuals at an affordable cost.
Together, we're removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of quality health care that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower people to achieve better health and well-being.
Come grow and thrive in our culture of innovation and ideas. Because there is no opportunity greater than the quest to help people live healthier lives.
UnitedHealth Group is the most diversified health care company in the United States and a leader worldwide in helping people live healthier...