This position resides within the Information Technology group, which is responsible for supporting Gas business applications. The scope of this position requires strong technical skills, the ability to work independently and in teams, and communicate effectively across business units.
The responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Primary System Administrator for Gas Scheduling Systems (Sungard’s Aligne-GasOps (GTM) and Oracle BI)
- Accountable for technical installation and configuration of gas systems.
- Provide support to other system applications (Sungard’s AIF and Aligne-ZaiNet and internally developed interfaces) in support of the gas business.
- Proactively monitor gas applications, take lead in troubleshooting, and develop solutions to fix underlying issues, optimize gas applications, strengthen controls and analytical capabilities.
- Provide technical knowledge and application expertise to the user community.
- Responsible for ad hoc projects as needed.
Clearly document user requirements, steps needed to complete request and assess project timelines.
- Design, develop, test, and implement updates or solutions to gas applications.
- Organize, build, and maintain reports for end users.
- Ensure Compliance with established IT control policies.
- In order to support trading and settlement users, this position is required to work the 7AM to 4PM or 8AM to 5PM shift as business requires.
- Adapt to new processes and new systems with business changes.
- Adhere to effective internal controls.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years analysis or business support experience (The company may consider a candidate with less experience at a lower level)
- 18 months experience in the energy industry
- Strong knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with one or more of the following: VBA, XML, XSLT and Java.
- Strong knowledge of IT concepts, practices, controls, and procedures.
- Proficiency using windows and the complete MS Office Suite (Versions 2003 and 2007).
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with technical and business personnel.
- Capacity to manage multiple tasks, solve complex problems and work under pressure.
- The ability to work across functions and within teams.
- Flexibility to work outside of business hours for support, projects and upgrades
- Flexibility to travel to other Iberdrola offices (Calgary, Salt Lake City, Portland)
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Knowledge of energy trading and operations
- Experience in application support, development, programming, or working with energy trading applications.
- Prior experience with Sungard products and Oracle BI
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check that includes an MV report, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. IBERDROLA RENEWABLES is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IBERDROLA Renewables (formerly PPM Energy) is a real power player in the energy industry. Part of IBERDROLA's global network,...