Manage all phases of strategic procurement for raw materials and ingredients.
Key result areas are cost, quality, and service for Beech-Nut facilities and co-manufacturers.
No direct employees supervised.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To plan, execute, and manage the following:
· Strategically execute and negotiate the purchase of raw materials and ingredients including grains, fruits, vegetables, dairy, spices, concentrates, purees and proteins.
· Facilitate communication between suppliers and various internal departments, i.e. Quality Assurance, Research and Development, Operations, and Co-Manufacturing.
· Identify and implement total cost approach through cost savings and process improvement measures.
- Follow market developments and manage supply base to ensure competitive pricing, and validate quality, and strengthen overall value proposition.
- Identify potential new suppliers and alternative sources and inputs to provide the best opportunity for the business.
- Monitor and evaluate supplier performance relative to specifications, and resolve supplier issues.
- Keep abreast of changing technology and monitor global market trends that influence cost, quality, and value.
- Develop budget and manage conformance to approved budget.
- Represent Beech-Nut on supplier visits and at various professional functions.
- Maintain supplier score cards, report on quality of service, and make recommendations for improvement.
· Monitor inventory status.
· Participate in cross functional teams.
· Support new product development.
· An information resource for Beech-Nut management.
· Market Updates
· Strategic Category Review
Qualifications, Requirements, and Competencies
· Bachelors degree with a major in supply chain, business management, food technology, or related field.
· Experience: Minimum of five years.
· Strong written and verbal business/interpersonal skills.
· SAP skills are desired.
· Strong business acumen.
Beech-Nut Nutrition Corporation - 15 months ago