Will lead all coordination with vendors including procurement actions, engineering, manufacturing and other considerations. Lead intra-departmental coordination to achieve corporate goals and departmental goals. Mentor and assist in the development of Buyer I & II personnel. Independently select strategic suppliers who have the ability to meet all delivery, quality, new product development and competitiveness requirements. Establish regular programs for pricing review through negotiations and contracts. Primary lead in supplier cost negotiations, cost reduction and cost containment. Select quality vendors that have the ability to provide long term support at the right price.
- Lead in various departmental projects.
- Independently work with supplier warranty negotiation.
- Bid and proposal support.
- Create debit/credits with suppliers.
- Independently resolves discrepancies of invoice price.
- Responsible for supply base rationalization efforts.
- Development and coordination of supply agreements.
- Assist in the identification of Kanban suppliers and create memorandums of understanding with suppliers.
- Lead negotiations and coordination with suppliers.
4-year degree is needed; any type of technical degree is helpful. Any type of engineering experience is also very helpful. 7+ years purchasing in production or job shop manufacturing. MRP experience, vantage system preferred. Demonstrated computer software knowledge – Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Project. Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills with proven ability to work with competing priorities. Strong communication and customer service skills, professional behavior. Ability to read mechanical drawings preferred. Experience with leading contract negotiations. Experience mentoring those less experienced in the department. Proven ability to successfully lead project group