Job Summary: Buyer-Commodity Specialist: Reviews and analyzes purchase requirements. Coordinates purchasing activities with other departments on a variety of material related issues. Understands ERP planning, and maintains and updates planning fences. Responsible for data input and integrity. Participates in maximizing changes to, part parameters, supplier database information, Non-Conformances. Performs cost analysis and volume planning for major commodities (e.g., materials, components,
equipment and services). Develops new supply sources where suppliers are no longer competitive. May recommend cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis or alternative sourcing. Interacts closely with suppliers and QA to resolve quality issues. Works with management to address all aspects of commodity management, including procurement support, commodity business plans, market trends assessment, pricing, and product availability. Requires domestic or global expertise of assigned
commodities. Works closely with other buyers and may assign priorities along with day-to-day supervision. Job Responsibilities: |
• Act as principle support to Engineering for New Product Development projects.
• Establish competitive low cost sources for component parts.
• Collect, manage, analyze and report reliable sourcing data in a timely manner.
• Contribute to the development of Supply Chain strategy for purchased components as well as blanket purchase orders and
• Ensure optimum supplier performance through the company's formal supplier performance evaluation process.
• Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
• Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Review and contribute to strategic supplier agreements.
• Support Corporate and Local policies and processes.
Support the Lean Sigma strategy for continuous improvement. This position acts as the liaison to: Manufacturing, Production Engineering, Corporate Quality, Commercial Operations, Human Resources, Finance, Product Management, Service, Sales, Suppliers and Engineering Evaluation of performance will be based on ability to:
• Timeliness in the receipt of purchased material and services.
• Maintain and reduce purchase material costs.
• Maintain material inventory levels and
• Anticipate and react to changing conditions that require decisions, action and/or problem solving activities
• Interact and work with other departments and employees within Olympus NDT.
• Champion Lean activities and support 5S, Kaizen and continuous improvement activities
• Strong leadership and decision-making abilities
• Functional knowledge of supplier processes
• Work under minimal supervision with the demonstrated ability to establish priorities, plan workload and establish commitments for task completion
• Functional knowledge of MRP systems, Engineering, Quality and general business processes. Must be able to influence, negotiate, and resolve conflicts to reach consensus around common goals. EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree preferred EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 8 years of material purchasing experience in PCB and PCBA procurement.
• Experience in a Lean manufacturing environment preferred
Olympus NDT is an equal opportunity firm. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or veteran status.
Olympus - NDT - 18 months ago
Olympus NDT is a world leader in the NDT industry with its inspection system based on the integration of various technologies. In fact, our...