We currently offer a rare opportunity to join our small, stable internal applications group as a senior software developer using C#, ASP.NET, MS SQL and other Microsoft tools. We design and custom build applications for Georgia’s Department of Natural Resources to help manage Georgia’s wildlife, parks, historic sites and coastal resources. As a candidate you must have experience with all aspects of analysis and development, testing, implementation and support. We seek an individual offering width of experience as well as depth. Position is located in downtown Atlanta right on a Marta line, but offers some opportunities to travel Georgia and be involved with nature and the outdoors.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or a related field
Five years of programming experience.
- Ten years experience developing and supporting N-tier enterprise front end and back end Microsoft server based applications using MS SQL and Oracle relational databases.
- Minimum of 7 years solid experience using Microsoft development tools including ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET with a relational database.
- Strong understanding of web services architectures and Windows services applications.
- Demonstrated affinity for customer friendly user interface design.
- Database skills including schema design, normalization, complex query design, index and query optimization, and advanced debugging in Microsoft (SQL) databases.
- Skills with Microsoft SQL Reporting Services and other reporting tools, and experience providing report data to users via browser based methods.
- Knowledge and experience with FTP, SMTP, DNS, forwarding, aliasing, firewalls, internet protocols and networking.
- Experience with IIS, classic ASP, VBA, HTML, XML, PHP, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Application Server.
- Experience working with Linux or UNIX operation systems is desirable.
Monster - 13 months ago