Proofpoint, Inc, an innovative security-as-service vendor that delivers data protection solutions that help organizations protect their data from attack and enable them to effectively meet the complex and evolving regulatory compliance and data governance mandates that have been spawned from highly publicized data breaches is looking for a highly motivated Channel Account Manager. The CAM will act as an extension of the sales organization by leveraging the partner community in the region. A successful candidate will possess a strong business acumen.
Roles / Responsibilities:
- Regular interaction with partner principals, executives, and sales and sales management at existing and prospective value added and direct market resellers
- Conduct regular sales training presentations with partner sales teams to ensure they understand and can articulate Proofpoint's SAAS Value Proposition
- Work with the Channel Marketing Team to drive marketing programs with key partners and ensure that activities tie back to a successful ROI
- Assist with driving pipeline, sales qualification, and closing of business
- Define and deploy business plans to deepen our traction with existing channel partners, reviewing and re-assessing quarterly.
- Develop and execute a regional strategy for recruiting new channel partners as needed to support growth
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Proofpoint's competitive positioning in the marketplace
- Meet or exceed channel bookings revenue and NARR quotas
- Oversee relationship building activities and account mapping activities between Proofpoint sales organization and partners in the region
- Must possess strong cross functional leadership and excellent communications skills to drive consensus across those groups both internally and within the partner organization/s.
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to clearly and effectively articulate Proofpoint's value
- Has the ability to work in a fast moving environment, to prioritize effectively to think big picture, and to use good judgment in resolving difficult issues
- Experience managing resellers, particularly in the information security and data archiving markets
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10 years of Channel Account Management experience with a proven track record of success
- Must possess existing relationships with key partners in the region