GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As a Chemical Engineer you will help design and implement chemical processes by running pilot batches, analyzing results, and interacting with a design team. You will also interact with potential outsource suppliers to implement the final design. This job is intended to lead to a chemical engineering position in GE Energy Storage Technologies.
Identify design options; identify key risk areas; run pilot experiments to validate options; interact with design team to fully specify the final process; interact with outsource suppliers to insure effective supply.
- Determine product CTQs and understand the raw material and process variables that affect them
- Determine shortcomings in current process and participate with the team to redesign a new process that meets product CTQs and minimizes cost.
- Design and conduct pilot experiments to validate areas of the new design
- Work with the design team to finalize the design
- Work with an outside company to validate and develop a process to be operated at their site.
- Develop cost models for product variable cost
There are plans to have the position transition to GE Energy Storage to ensure successful technology translation in a 6 -12 month timeframe
- Doctorate or Chemical Engineering or related with at least 7 years post-degree experience or Masters in Chemical Engineering or related with at least 9 years of post-degree experience.
- Experience in complex chemical manufacturing processes.
- Proven scale-up experience of chemical processes.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Proven leadership in critical parameter management and critical specification evaluation
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in high-temperature fluid transfer.
- Proven leadership in the use of reliability tools and practices
- Experience in working in a high volume manufacturing establishment
- Experience in trade-off analysis, robust design practices
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Ability to work independently and in large multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 22 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...