Great American Insurance Group’s roots go back to 1872 with the founding of its flagship company, Great American Insurance Company. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, the operations of Great American Insurance Group are engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance focusing on specialty commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of traditional fixed and fixed-indexed annuities in the education, bank and individual markets. Great American Insurance Company has received an “A” (Excellent) or higher rating from the A. M. Best Company for over 100 years (most recent rating evaluation effective March 29, 2012). The members of the Great American Insurance Group are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG), also based in Cincinnati, Ohio. AFG’s common stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange and the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol AFG.
Great American’s AgriBusiness® Division is currently searching for a multi-line Senior Claim Representative / Claim Specialist to investigate, evaluate and settle property and casualty claims.
The AgriBusiness® Division provides coverage for full-time operating farms, ranches, equine and agricultural operations on a nationwide basis through independent agents who specialize in the rural market.
- Investigates and handles property and casualty claims. Reviews and evaluates coverage and / or liability. Secures and analyzes necessary information (i.e., reports, policies, appraisals, releases, statements, records or other documents) in the investigation of claims.
- Works toward the resolution of claims files, and may attend arbitrations, mediations, dispositions or trials as necessary. May affect settlements / reserves within prescribed limits and submit recommendations to supervisor on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Conveys simple to moderately complex information (coverage, decision, outcomes, etc.) to all appropriate parties, maintaining a professional demeanor in all situations.
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures that claims handling is conducted in compliance with applicable statutes, regulations and other legal requirements, and that all applicable company procedures and policies are followed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience and/or training.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience. Strong casualty or property claims handling experience is required with a willingness to cross train. Casualty claims experience is preferred. Multi-line adjusting experience is a plus.
- Demonstrates written, verbal and effective listening communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Detail orientated and strong organizational skills
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships
- Strong computer skills
Great American Insurance Group - 15 months ago
Great American Insurance Group is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized...