Tenet, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates acute care hospitals and numerous related health care services. Our mission is to be recognized for our commitment to our people and partners who provide quality, innovative care to the patients we serve in our communities. It's a spirit you can experience first-hand and it's a philosophy that can enhance your own approach to health care and your career goals.
At Conifer Health Solutions, we offer the strength and stability of Tenet Healthcare, a Fortune 500 company, with the ingenuity and energy of a healthcare independent. We are a healthcare solutions company born from the healthcare industry. We take care of hospital business, so hospitals can focus on caring for patients. Ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to a company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with the benefits and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The Senior Compliance Officer (SCO) provides support to the Chief Compliance Officer in managing the compliance department staff and is responsible for assisting in the designing, planning, implementing, and maintaining the compliance program for Conifer Health Solutions, LLC. The SCO is also responsible for identifying and assessing areas of compliance vulnerability and risk within Conifer. This individual serves as a role model for behavior that is consistent with the mission, vision, and values of Conifer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The SCO is a member of Conifer's leadership team whose overall responsibility is to support the Conifer Chief Compliance Officer in ensuring the effective operation of Conifer's ethics and compliance programs. The SCO's general duties and responsibilities encompass developing
systems, processes and policies designed to ensure compliance with Federal healthcare program requirements for Third Party Billing Companies.
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Regularly conducts and oversees compliance audits and risk assessments.
- Resource for Conifer's compliance program and receives and investigates reports of actual and potential compliance issues.
- Ensures that reported compliance issues are appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Provides guidance to Conifer's senior leadership team on matters related to compliance with laws and regulations.
- Develop compliance educational materials and oversees compliance training.
- Coordinates and performs annual compliance risk assessment and audit and monitoring plans to prospectively test compliance with established laws, regulations, company policies and managerial guidelines.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures
and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees;
planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Thorough knowledge of healthcare compliance and regulatory requirements, and
professional work experience with/for Federal and State Agencies, preferably healthcare
Demonstrated success integrating compliance into daily healthcare operations.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration or related field required.
Master's degree in related field or JD is required
Preferred Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) preferred.
Minimum 10 years progressive responsibilities in healthcare compliance in a large, multifaceted healthcare billing company.
Management experience in a healthcare system preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
Ability to travel
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office Work Environment
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed as of the date of preparation and approval. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and all requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
A demonstrated track record of superior performance in leadership roles; a background
should have been gained ideally in a large hospital company. The successful candidate will be
recognized for demonstrated knowledge in compliance process improvement and the requirements
of third-party billing under Federal healthcare programs.
Approximately 20% travel may be required
- An energetic, results-oriented individual, not content with the status quo.
- A doer more than a talker.
- A leader who will inspire confidence and establish a sense of common direction and vision.
- An individual with high personal and professional integrity.
- A tactful and skilled diplomat who can manage conflict and lead consensus and yet at times say "no".
- Highly articulate with the ability to communicate effectively and credibly in both oral and written context.
- A pragmatic and disciplined professional with highly honed problem-solving skills and the ability to balance multiple projects.
- A team player and a good listener.
- Innovative and creative.
238-Conifer - Dallas - TX
Tenet Healthcare - 2 years ago