The American Institutes for Research is currently seeking a Senior Consultant for District Leadership to join our team on a full time or consulting basis. The Senior Consultant will participate in state, district, and school-level support for building effective leadership teams and competencies to improve performance. Activities will include working with state, district, and school leaders to develop and implement effective systems, structures, and processes through coaching, consulting, and delivering professional development. The work will have an emphasis on building capacity in turnaround/transformation districts. The Senior Consultant will also participate in other professional service offerings within established and developing delivery models at AIR.
The position may be based out of our Naperville, IL, Chicago, IL or Washington, D.C. offices. To be considered, please include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
The Senior Consultant will participate in district level project management, needs assessment, and action planning in the areas of leadership and district improvement. Specific responsibilities include the following:
1. Developing and maintaining advisory relationships with key client contacts.
2. Leading the implementation of projects related to leadership developing and coaching, particularly in low-performing districts and schools.
3. Serving as a coach, mentor, and PD developer and facilitator for clients.
4. Managing and leading an internal team, as well as a client team, through all phases of projects.
5. Managing sub-contractor relationships.
6. Writing and providing quality assurance on key reports and other deliverables for the districts.
1. Master’s in education or related field or equivalent experience preferred.
2. Direct experience as a cabinet level administrator in a school district.
3. Demonstrated success improving performance through your work.
4. 5-10 years of experience working in districts and schools; ability to work with a variety of educational stakeholders and audiences at the district and state levels.
5. Expertise in facilitation of district level planning.
6. Experience in the design and implementation of professional development and/or planning strategies and resource allocation.
7. Strong project management and staff supervision skills.
8. Strong written and oral communication skills.
9. Content expertise in Literacy, Mathematics, ELL, or Special Education is a plus.
10. Thorough knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and the Internet.
Please note, each section of the application is required in order for you to be considered for this opportunity. If you do not complete the required screening questions, or if you close your browser before completing each section of the application, your application will not be submitted for this position.
American Institutes for Research - 9 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...