Job Category: Services & Consulting
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 818542-103188
Division: Services & Support
**NOTE: Position can be based anywhere in the U.S. West Region (west coast/Rocky Mountain area), preferably near a major metro area/airport. All qualified candidates residing in these areas will be considered and are encouraged to apply. Travel required up to 75% required as needed.**
Microsoft Services is looking for a Senior Consultant who has both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect a solution by mapping a customer’s business problem to an end-to-end technology solution. In this role, the Senior Consultant will engage in effective dialog with senior-level technology decision makers while focusing on the development of customer business agility and business value, and demonstrating deep experience with technologies related to Identity and Access Management Solutions in various Enterprise environments. The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of experience with Identity and Access management solutions on the Microsoft platform, to include Forefront Identity Manager and Active Directory Federation Services ADFS. Successful candidates must be proficient with developing custom FIM Management Agents. Experience with claims-based access, certificate management, PKI, non-Microsoft directory sync, 3rd party Identity solutions is a plus. Experience with Microsoft O365 Identity requirements is also a plus. This candidate should possess a solid working knowledge of Microsoft platforms including Windows Server 2008R2 and 2010 Operating Systems and Active Directory. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a passion and proficiency for Identity and Access Management. Advanced domain knowledge in one or more vertical industries is also an asset.
Expert level knowledge is required in assisting customers in envisioning, designing, planning, building and deploying (release, maintenance, monitoring) solutions including the following:
- Demonstrated excellence at presenting complex development topics to both executive and technical personnel.
- An ability to articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms including a working knowledge of different architectural frameworks that may be used by our customers.
Additional CRITICAL SKILLS INCLUDE as many as possible of the following:
- Solid knowledge of the design principles for Identity Federation
- Experience with LDAP directories
- Understanding of how various application platform architectures use identity - primarily .NET (WIF) and Java
- Familiarity of industry standard access protocols, such as SAML, XACML, OAuth, WS-Trust, etc.
- High level understanding of the key concepts of web application and web service architecture, including SOAP, XML, and WCF
- Microsoft PKI
- Enabling SharePoint 2007/2010 federated access scenarios
- Demonstrated strong consulting skills including leading large, complex projects
- Exceptional demonstrated consulting skills
- Large enterprise deployment experience in complex heterogeneous environments
- Ability to move between high level architectural review/design and the “roll up the sleeves” level of actually doing all phases of a solution delivery project
The Senior Consultant helps customer account teams identify, pursue and close strategic business development opportunities while continually driving add-on business within existing projects. To accomplish this, Consultants must be effective in fostering executive level relationships. They also play a key role in employing and developing partners as part of the overall Microsoft services delivery model. When asked, Consultants help translate business requirements into technology requirements for inclusion in contracts and/or statements of work (SOW). The Senior Consultant must have proven experience managing projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing multi-phase/multi-dimensional/multi-resource projects to conclusion while maintaining high customer satisfaction. The role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect a solution by mapping a customer business problem to an end-to-end technology solution. Each consulting engagement is customized to serve the client’s unique needs. The role requires a technically strong Senior Consultant who is resourceful and confident under pressure.
We are looking for experienced individuals to be located in the western U.S. to be a part of this exciting team. Travel is an integral part of this position, and candidates must be willing and able to travel as required by the needs of our customers and business. Travel required is estimated to be up to 75% at times.
Microsoft - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...