Job Category: Services & Consulting
Location: , , US
Job ID: 834636-110607
Division: Services & Support
**NOTE: Position can/will be based anywhere in the U.S. West Region (west coast/Rocky Mountain area), preferably near a major metro area/airport. All qualified candidates residing in these areas will be considered and are encouraged to apply. Travel required up to 75% required as needed.**
Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) is looking for a Senior Consultant who has both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect a solution by mapping a customer’s business problem to an end-to-end technology solution. In this role, the consultant will engage in effective dialog with senior-level technology decision makers while focusing on the development of customer business agility and business value, and demonstrating deep experience with technologies related to Microsoft desktop deployment and management.
The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of experience with Microsoft System Center technologies, deep knowledge of desktop deployment, have experience with scripting and fundamentals across the Windows Client and Server platforms. Candidates should have real-world experience with enterprise deployments >5,000 seats. A successful candidate will possess the following skills:
Microsoft Senior Consultants must be effective in fostering executive level relationships. When asked, consultants help translate business requirements into technology requirements for inclusion in contracts and/or statements of work (SOW). The Consultant must have proven experience managing projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing multi-phase/multi-dimensional/multi-resource projects to conclusion while maintaining high customer satisfaction.
- Deep technical and architectural knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Client and Server
- Deep technical knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012 (SCCM)
- Current and deep experience with SCCM System Build, Deployment, Governance
- Deep technical knowledge of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2012 (MDT)
- Deep technical knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP)
- Experience architecting SCCM for enterprise deployment, patch and update management
- Knowledge of SQL configuration and clustering
- Experience with highly Available solutions
- Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management
- Working knowledge of Power Shell scripting and automation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2012 (SCOM) is a strong plus
The role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect a solution by mapping a customer business problem to an end-to-end technology solution. Each consulting engagement is customized to serve the client’s unique needs. The role requires a technically strong Senior Consultant who is resourceful and confident under pressure.
We are looking for experienced individuals to be located in the US to be a part of this exciting team. In addition, the position will require travel to other locations throughout the Continental US.
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...