Senior Consultant Management Information Service- L A (Network Administrator)
Hire In Rate:
(for employees new to HHC)
Open Until Filled
Source of Funding:
Civil Service Classification:
Return to Previous Page
The New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation (HHC), the largest municipal hospital and health care system in the country, is a $5.4 billion public benefit corporation that serves 1.3 million New Yorkers and nearly 400,000 who are uninsured. HHC provides medical, mental health and substance abuse services through its 11 acute care hospitals, four skilled nursing facilities, six large diagnostic and treatment centers and more than 80 community based clinics. HHC Central Office is responsible for the overall clinical & administrative operations of our facilities. For more information visit www.nyc.gov/hhc .
The Network Administrator position reports to the Regional Network Manager. The Network Administrator is responsible for all technical activities related to the LAN (Local Area Network) environments for all QHN sites.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Setup server, peripherals and other related hardware.
Install and configure NOS.
Disk and volume configuration.
Configure server startup and configuration files.
Setup server in domain.
Test server network connection.
Install and configure application software.
Verify replication processes are operational
Verify time synchronization is operational
Monitor domain performance
Plan and implement server NOS upgrades.
Install service packs and file upgrades.
Install application software upgrades.
Manage volumes and disk space.
Setup and implement server backup operations.
Monitor server performance.
Setup and manage server OS updates, patches and anti-virus software.
Setup and maintain test environment for servers
Setup and maintain user and group domain accounts (eDirectory & Active Directory).
Setup and maintain user policies and profiles using ZenWorks and SMS.
Setup and maintain VPN accounts.
Setup network printers.
Setup and implement software distribution to client desktops.
Implement and maintain security policies.
Setup, maintain and monitor DHCP and DNS servers
Maintain and monitor enterprise server backup system.
Schedule automatic and adhoc backups.
Verify backups and restores.
Configure backup agents on servers
Coordinate off-site tape storage.
Setup and maintain Citrix Terminal Server production/test environment.
Install and test applications in terminal server environment.
Maintain and monitor terminal server farms.
Monitor utilization and connections on terminal servers.
Setup and maintain Groupwise servers and arrays.
Monitor Groupwise server utilization.
Monitor and maintain Groupwise post office databases.
Establish and monitor Groupwise connectivity gateways.
Manage Groupwise user account process.
Maintain Netware Clustering environment for Groupwise servers.
Perform Groupwise and Netware software upgrades.
Mange the GWArchive system (Groupwise email archive).
Document and maintain server hardware, software configurations and patch levels.
Document application software information (Vendor, Version Etc.).
Document network related procedures and policies.
Perform in any technical and administrative capacity, not stated above that is within reason.
1. A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Economics/Statistics, Telecommunications, Data Communications, or a related field of study; and
2. Five (5) years of progressive, responsible experience in the field of data processing, computer systems and applications.
Operations Specialty requires supervisory experience (5 years).
Network Services requires a telecommunications background and experience.
3. Broad knowledge and expertise in the characteristics of computers, peripheral devices, communications systems and hardware capabilities, programming languages, E.D.P. applications, systems analysis methodology, data management and retrieval techniques; or
4. A satisfactory equivalent combination of training, education and experience
- 1 -2 years’ experience related to above responsibilities; MCSE or CNE certifications will be accepted as the equivalent of 1 year of experience
NYC Health + Hospitals
- 2 years ago - save job