Higher One partners with colleges and universities to lower their administrative costs and to improve graduation rates. We provide a broad array of payment, refund disbursement and data analytics and management tools to institutions that help them save money and enhance institutional effectiveness. And for students, we offer financial literacy programs and convenient, flexible and affordable transaction options to help them manage their finances. Higher One is a leader in higher education and we support more than 1,600 college and university campuses with over 13 million enrolled students.
Are you a wizard of wordplay? Do friends refer to you as a ‘walking thesaurus?’ Do you immediately spot spelling errors in books and magazines? Do you wince at grammatical crimes? Do you enjoy crafting the perfect sentence? Is your ambition to write the Great American Paragraph? Then you may be the right candidate for the role of senior copywriter/editor at Higher One. We don’t sell motorcycles, alcohol, or cool clothes – so we have to work extra hard to convey the benefits of our products and services. Are you up to the task? Can you make a checking account sound exciting? Can you write a headline that will stop a harried college administrator in their tracks to read how our products can save his university a significant amount of money? If so, read on.
We are seeking an experienced writer/editor with a diverse skillset to join our Higher One creative team at our New Haven, CT office. The successful candidate will help elevate the Higher One brand voice through persuasive writing for our sales and marketing teams. They will ensure clear, concise and consistent communication across a variety of channels (website, email, direct mail, white papers, case studies, video scripts, social media, presentations, brochures, speeches, and more) and towards a variety of audiences (B2B, B2C). The Senior Copywriter/Editor will report directly to our Creative Director and will be a key player in contributing to the growth and development of Higher One’s customer base through exceptional writing and concept development.
As part of a multi-functional marketing team, develop on-strategy content for:
- Marketing/sales material for both B2B and B2C
- Website content
- Corporate communications
- Client communications
- Develop, manage and maintain voices for multiple brands
- Participate in brainstorming sessions for projects and concept for new campaigns
- Work closely with the editorial staff members on positioning, revising or redeveloping content
- Proofread and edit copy to ensure it is accurate, clear and adheres to editorial and style guides. This may also include fact-checking.
- Time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks with short-term and long-term deadlines are essential in this position.
What we offer:
- BA in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five years experience, self-motivated, competencies in writing, analytical thinking and presentation skills
- Strong grasp of grammar and AP style
- Background in creating effective copy for various channels including web/email
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects
- Familiarity with higher education or financial services a plus
- Expertise in writing in a highly regulated industry (i.e., your copy needs to pass the gauntlet of Legal and Compliance reviews)
- Positive demeanor with team-first attitude
- Makes complex information digestible, engaging and motivating
- Strong creative thinker who can create lasting marketing campaigns
- Portfolio of writing samples
A competitive salary, great work environment, awesome people and a company with a strong mission to improve higher education.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, 401K, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Flexible work hours
- Casual dress
- 20 Paid Time Off Days per year
- 8 Holidays per year
- Fun events
- Free healthy lunch three times per week
- Free Fitness Center - 24 hour access to Higher One's onsite fitness center
- Coffee Shop - enjoy a cup of coffee, espresso or cappuccino in the morning at Higher One's coffee shop in the lobby of our building, another great free perk to all employees
Higher One - 7 months ago
The higher ambition at Higher One Holdings is to facilitate higher education payments. The company provides payment processing and...