Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Capital Markets Risk Management is responsible for measuring and monitoring the risk in the Capital Markets balance sheet which includes over $700 billion of mortgage securities and loans.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Measure and monitor the market, liquidity and credit risk in the $700 billion balance sheet of mortgage securities and loans. Support portfolio's risk position with attribution to provide feedback to senior management on business strategies. Produce risk management reports and monitor the relevant markets and portfolio activity.
- Work with Analytics team and traders to develop tactical and strategic guidance on portfolio's risk position that are consistent with limits and capital constraints. Provide recommendations to senior management. Support Capital Markets team with guidance on portfolio composition with specific allocation recommendations across asset classes and products. Assist in developing debt funding strategy.
- Identify assets that are rich or cheap by assessing model results against recent or expected market developments. Review risk reports and capital adequacy reports to maintain a comprehensive understanding of risk positions, market conditions and business strategies.
- Maintain an understanding of investment and funding guidelines, market risk policies, liquidity risk policies, credit risk policies, and capital policies.
- Coordinate with systems personnel to continually develop the infrastructure to support business and modeling needs. This includes the portfolio collection and aggregation process, access to appropriate market information and utilization of different pricing methodologies to estimate fair value, and database which satisfies reporting and analysis needs.
- Work with the trading and funding desks in real-time, at both the portfolio and security level, to develop specific hedge recommendations for portfolio management to improve return/risk profile. Support management through understanding P&L attribution and risk/return analysis and forecasting. Perform structured finance credit risk analysis to include assessment of underlying loans and deal structure.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Experience analyzing and managing risk for a portfolio of municipal bonds, with emphasis on conducting credit risk analyses, including analysis of issuers, structures, recourse, evaluation of risk of default, embedded call options and price impact to the bond portfolio
- Experience with municipal housing bonds preferred (Military Housing; state and local HFAs, California redevelopment agencies, student housing), including an understanding of their underlying collateral, structures, credit enhancement
- Experience with pricing of municipal bonds or similar structured mortgage securities (including familiarity with mortgage prepayment and loss models)
- Familiarity with ratings methodologies for municipal housing bonds
- Strong analytical skills and ability to clearly articulate results and recommendations from analysis performed, including to senior management
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, and strong time management skills.
- Technical skills: proficient with standard credit analysis tools Rating agency models/research, Bloomberg, and MS standard software (Excel)
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 14 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...