About Yummly |
Yummly is building the digital kitchen platform and mapping the food genome...making life better/easier/more fun for everyone who cooks.
Here°s why you should join Yummly ’s food/tech revolution:
. Yummly is funded by a team of tier-one investors who are as passionate about the opportunity as we are. Yummly is still a small early stage company. In other words, we are looking for people who want to have huge impact at an early startup. Yummly is a great place to work. We are a small, fun-loving team of friends all passionate about food - with great compensation, benefits and all the usual startup perks. You will have autonomy and freedom. You will be the driver (not the passenger) of your own destiny and your goals for our startup. You will be passionate about what we ’re building. You will choose when and how you will get your work done.
- Yummly has built something that people already use and love, and is on the path to building something great.
- Yummly is unlocking the power of food, data
- " technology and solving problems that were impossible to solve before Yummly came along. Yummly has a great base to work from - we are already the fastest growing food site in the world with over 4M monthly unique visitors and 2 million Facebook subscribers in just 1 year. We are going to be huge
Some of the real problems we are solving that we ’d like your help with:
Responsibilities @ Yummly
- Make computers understand every aspect of food and turn that into useful consumer products
- Discovering every recipe on the web and understanding the recipe in it ’s entirety
- Find the best chocolate chip cookie for an individual user out of thousands
- Understand the taste preferences of our users and their families
As a Senior Culinary Software Engineer - Full Stack, you will work on the entire Yummly stack, from making the website fast and beautiful, to taking search quality ever closer to perfection, to implementing food recommendations and beyond. You should be self-motivated and creative, with a passion for quality. We value collaboration: you should be able to communicate openly and clearly and be ready to give and receive constructive criticism.
We ’re looking for passionate, food obsessed, experienced engineers to build our next generation site. We°d like someone that has a lot of these skills/qualities:
- You create and appreciate well-written, efficient code (please send examples of your work)
- You find both data and people interesting, and enjoy working on both user-facing and backend systems
- You have built scalable web applications
- You enojoy Clojure, other Lisps, or functional programming
- You want to work on something you love
- You think big and do big
- You can solve the biggest, most difficult problems
- You want autonomy, freedom, and ownership of your work
- You have a good sense of humor
Yummly - 19 months ago