Duties and Responsibilities:
Senior Cybersecurity Engineer will be responsible for supporting the 5 x 12 Network Security Operations Center (NSOC), defense-in-depth improvement, and customer support. The candidate must have a strong technical background in data security technologies, incident response, forensics and process improvement.
- Providing technical direction, leadership, and training of less experienced staff
- Revising and improving the NSOC architecture
- Providing a capabilities gap analysis and a security tools analysis
- Assisting with the development of an automation strategies checklist
- Threat analysis on potential incidents
- Initiate incident handling procedures
- Consult with Senior Technical Lead and NSOC Team
- Must have a BA or BS Degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science or Engineering preferred).
- Must be a US Citizen with Top Secret security clearance.
- Must be CISSP or CISM
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience
- Experience with security devices such as network and host-based firewalls, IDS/IPS, content filtering
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP functions, such as CIDR blocks, subnets, addressing, protocols
- Experience monitoring attack activities such as scans, man-in-the-middle, sniffing, DoS, DDoS, abnormal activities from worms, Trojans, viruses
- Experience mitigating / reporting threats, vulnerabilities, risks, assets, exposure, safeguards
- Working knowledge with SSL-VPN and IPSEC
- Working experience with enterprise-level Anti-virus products
- Working experience with Active Directory
- Database Security
- Detailed knowledge of at least one operating system (prefer Windows and/or Linux)
- Knowledge of Cisco-based firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Knowledge of Windows 2003-08 server platforms
- Knowledge of VMware and VM server platforms
- Working knowledge of analyzing IIS, SQL, firewall, IPS/IDS, Windows, sEP, Web and mail logged events
- Ability to analyze IANA assigned ports (well known, registered, dynamic and private ports)
- Ability to troubleshoot common network devices, network, vulnerabilities and network attack patterns
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows Event IDs
EES, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Careers with EES, LLC. feature excellent growth, very competitive health and welfare benefits, and 401(k) program with a Company match.
- Master’s Degree in related field
- CEH Certification
- CCNA Certification
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or MCSE
- Experience with scripting language (Python / Perl / Shell), scripting ability a plus.
- Experience with security tools from the following Vendors: CISCO, CheckPoint, IronPort, McAfee, Symantec, Sourcefire, Sophos, ArcSight, Tenable, Juniper, Imperva, BlueCoat, and Various OpenSource tools
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Dedication to exceptional customer service
Please forward your resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org , placing Senior Cybersecurity Engineer - SME (13-036) in the subject line. All resumes go directly to a recruiter for consideration. Candidates only, no agencies.
Energy Enterprise Solutions, LLC - 17 months ago