As a Senior DBA / MongoDB SME, you will be responsible for working closely with the development team to design, build and support our data storage and reporting systems. You have a passion for big data and databases, and bring your relational and non-relational (NoSQL) expertise to us to help us build revolutionary products and services for our global partnerships. As a key member of the Operations team, you will get the opportunity to mentor junior development staff and work in-depth with cutting-edge technologies.
- BSc degree in Computer Science.
- 5-10 years of experience managing large-scale, geographically-distributed database systems, including relational (MySQL, Oracle) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra) systems.
- 1-3 years of experience with MongoDB scaling across data centers and/or an in-depth understanding of MongoDB HA strategies, including replica sets and sharding.
- 5-10 years of experience with scripting and automation, using common database scripting languages and libraries (SQL, Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby)
Experience working within a global firm.
- Demonstrable experience working within Solaris, OpenSolaris, SmartOS and linux
- Experience deploying solutions within the Joyent public cloud.
- Understanding of statistical analysis using R or SAS
Monster - 10 months ago