Kantar Operations is a specialist organisation, staffed by operations professionals tasked with leading Kantar’s operational strategy.
Our ‘client-centric’ focus means that client requirements, through effective engagement with Kantar’s research businesses, are always put at the centre of our activities. Our role is to develop world class operational solutions that meet the need for faster turnaround, reduced costs, global consistency and which ensure data integrity.
In recognition of the importance of delivering cost effective, consistent operational solutions, Kantar Operations has accountability for leading Kantar’s global sourcing strategy and for establishing common global standards for core market research processes. This includes development of best practice for areas such as face to face and telephone data collection ; sampling ; scripting, coding, data entry and data processing ; metrics and operational performance measurement.
We seek a highly motivated Senior Database Administrator with expertise in Oracle and a focus on Finance and Business Intelligence solutions. Kantar Business Solutions (KBS) is responsible for the design, implementation and support of Kantar’s Financial and Business Intelligence solutions. The organization reports directly to the Kantar CFO and leads the companies within Kantar to utilize financial enterprise and customized solutions. The Business Intelligence side of KBS involves source systems that feed into an enterprise data warehouse, which, in turn, provide data and reporting for BI solutions.
- Responsible for the administration of key Oracle databases supporting the Kantar Finance and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Support of production, testing, and development issues regarding database administration and performance
- Partnership with other technical and IT organizations to ensure the performance, maintenance, and tuning of the databases and their environments
- Minimum of 7 years of Oracle DBA experiences working with versions 11G and later.
- Strong SQL skills and knowledge of PL/SQL.
- Bachelor’s degree in math or sciences. Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent preferred.
- Strong skills in both Unix and Windows environments.
- Well versed in database management strategies, including backup/recovery, data replication, monitoring, disaster recovery, archiving, partitioning, tuning, and maintenance. Strong experiences in implementing strategies in an enterprise Oracle environment utilizing industry standard tools.
- Must be self-motivated, have a strong team orientation, and be able to learn quickly.
- Must be well organized and capable of handling multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Must possess excellent written communication skills, verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to work with a wide variety of communication styles.
- Must be comfortable in working closely with an offshore team to extend services and coverage for global support.
- Knowledge of finance is desired.
- Knowledge of ETL and reporting technologies, especially Informatica and Cognos, is a plus.
- Knowledge of .NET, Team Foundation Server, Jira, Maconomy, HEAT, and ITSM is a plus.
Kantar Careers - 19 months ago