This position is primarily with the AvroKO Brand Bureau, not the main design studio; applications for the latter will be disregarded.
Brand Bureau, AvroKO’s award-winning strategy, concept, and branding group, is looking for a talented Senior Designer (SD) to act as lead interior architecture designer. Brand Bureau is a multi-disciplined group of passionate conceptualists comprised of top brand strategists, art directors, graphic designers, industrial designers and interior architects. The SD position is responsible for designing environments but also will be an integral part of the bb team, collaborating on all creative areas including brand strategy concept, branding, and graphics design.
The SD leads the interior architecture team through the definition and delivery of design from conceptualization, through development, coordination, documentation and execution in the field.
The Senior Designers core responsibilities include:
• Leading the Brand Bureau interior design team in conceiving of the interior design to meet the clients program, quality objectives, project constraints as well as Brand Bureau’s overall concept.
• Liaison between the Brand Bureau Director and the design team during the design process.
• Organize and run regular in house design sessions presenting to the Director and with the team.
• Responsible for the development of the interior design of the project according to the design intent and overall brand development.
• Reviewing all documents to ensure they incorporate the design intent.
• Represent Brand Bureau and the design at all consultant coordination meetings.
• Manage design coordination within Brand Bureau i.e. between interior design, FF&E, graphics, and between Owners consultants and Brand Bureau.
• Manage and coordinate all communications to and from consultants.
• Coordinate with the Project Manager in providing services per scope, budget and schedule.
• Responsible for leading the creation and delivery of interior design work product based on Brand Bureau’s deliverables standards for presentations and contract documents.
• Oversee the production and delivery of quality and timely sets of contract documents being drawings, specifications, budgets and reports as proscribed by the contract.
• Partners with Project Manager to ensure conformance with Brand Bureau’s Interior Design Standards’ checklist requirements specific to each project design phase.
• Lead the Brand Bureau team in performing its construction administration services and resolving problems and issues that arise during construction.
• BArch (5 year professional) or Bachelor of Interior Architecture required, Masters preferred.
• 10 years + Post graduate experience.
• Outstanding design talent and passionate conceptual thinker.
• Strong presentation skills, both graphically and in person
• Minimum 5 years prior interior architecture experience required. Branded environment design, retail and fixturing design preferred.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
• Highly organized, collaborative and detail oriented.
• Demonstrable leadership experience as a design leader for at least 4 years.
• Strong documentation and construction administration skills to lead projects through all phases.
• AutoCAD 2010 or later.
• Confident hand sketching and illustration ability very desirable, but not required.
• Adobe Creative suite and sketch up required. V-Ray preferred.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
• Position available immediately.