Sr Designer Tech - Electrical
Up to $65K
A Sr Designer Tech – Electrical is responsible for creating electrical engineering drawing for vehicles detail parts and assembly using AutoCAD, SolidWorks and EPDM system.
- Create designs for components and assemblies required for the development and manufacture of company products.
- Create SolidWorks models and drawings with strong understanding of product structure tree.
- Implement customer design requirements into company products and coordinate actions necessary to provide a thorough and accurate Technical Data Package.
- Design complex mechanisms, components and/or assemblies from customer specifications or from sketches or engineer’s verbal instructions.
- Provide sketches, dimensioning and tolerancing guidance to detailers in the preparation of parts drawing.
- Coordinate with functional departments to assure feasibility of design.
- Understand basic manufacturing processes using machining, casting, forging, composites and able to discuss standard flag notes.
- Perform duties of Product Drafting Checker, Product Designer, Product Layout Draftsman or Product Detailers, as required.
- Support, coordinate, or participate in engineering-related customer and vendor problem solving activities.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned by management.
Associate or Bachelor of Science Degree in Technical, Engineering or Business is preferred or a combination of experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of a degree.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR., ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Five (5) plus years experience in creating 3D model and drawing for mechanical or electrical using SolidWorks.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering design, 3D model and drawing drafting standards.
- Understand and practice ASME Y14.100M, ASME-Y14.100, ASME-Y14.24, ASME-Y14.35M, ASME-14.34M and ASME 14.5M.
This employer participates in eVerify.
Schedule : Full-time
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : First Shift
Travel : Yes, 5 % of the Time
FPCNational - 22 months ago