About the role
Propylon currently has a position for a Lead Developer. This position will involve supervising a team of software developers delivering a software solution built on Propylon’s core products for Propylon’s customers worldwide.
Reporting to the Project Manager the Lead Developer is responsible for the day to day leadership of the Software Development Team, including:
- Help manage and guide a team of software developers working on a complex document-centric publishing application with highly complex workflows
- Liaising with Business Analysts, client Subject Matter Experts and others to provide estimations of development effort required for respective iterations of Propylon’s products
- Design & implementation of software solutions in line with our product architecture and solution patterns.
- Responsible for ensuring software quality processes are followed by the team
- Working closely with management/customers to develop functional specifications and development timelines
- Providing support to development engineers
- Communicating with all departments to ensure that the end product meets client requirements
- Coordinating delivery of software developments with Propylon’s implementation teams
- Supervising a team of developers working to tight schedules and timelines
- Acting as an escalation point for development related issues
- Attending weekly operations meetings
Your Profile - Essentials:
Practical experience using the following technologies:
- 5+ years of experience in a technical lead capacity.
- Strong organization and project leadership experience
- Be personally well organized, presentable, and manage ones’ own time effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Your Profile – Desirable
- Python, Java, and open source solutions such as Apache Web Server and Tomcat
- Knowledge and experience of Web Services technologies such as REST & other Web APIs
- Hands on Linux, and Windows operating system
Desirable: Exposure to some of the following:
- Django, MySQL, OpenOffice, XML, NetBeans, XPath, and XQuery.
This role would particularly be of interest to an individual who a self starter who is willing to take ownership of a project and work with Senior Management in its successful implementation. This is a challenging and rewarding role and has real career potential within the organization for the successful candidate.
Propylon - 10 months ago